Chapter 27

~ Sophia'a POV ~

After a few minutes passed I heard talking then footsteps that sounded like they started at the bottom of the stairs. They started getting louder the closer they got. That's when two pairs of feet walked in. One of them got down on their knees and moved the blanket to reveal Beckett. He held out his hand and pulled me out from under the bed then helped me up. The other pair of feet belonged to Jason. I walked over to him and gave him a big hug. "Don't do that. You scared me half to death." I mumbled into his chest. "Hey listen, like I said before I'd never let anyone hurt you." he said squeezing me tighter. Beckett cleared his throat signaling he was still in the room. Jason and me separated then looked at Beck who started to walk out of the room. "Grab your things we need to get out of here as soon as possible." Beckett said walking into the other bedroom picking up his duffle bag then turned to Jason. "The cops found the bomb from the crash on the same website as the one from the funeral." Jason nodded his head and grabbed his things. After everyone got their things we headed for the truck. We threw our stuff in the passenger seat then Beck got into the driver seat. He put on a snap back and sunglasses as Jason put on a ball cap and sunglasses. Instead of taking the gravel road Beck took a dirt road that was behind the house. The ride was silent beside the radio playing.

~ 5 hrs later ~

Beckett pulled off the highway into a gas station. He got out and started to fuel up. After a while he opened our door, "You guys can go inside and use the restroom and grab something to eat." Jason nodded his head then turned to me. "Grab a hat and glasses. You also might want to put your hair up into a ponytail." he said. I looked through my bag and grabbed a beanie and a pair of glasses. Jason got out then helped me out. "Don't try anything in here. I have a gun in my pocket so if you do I will use it." he said as we walked up to the building. I nodded my head as we walked into the building. We headed to the back where the restrooms were. I went in first and as I was about to shut the door Jason shoved his foot between the door and the frame. "Jason what are you doing?" I whispered at him. "I need to go to and I'm not gonna let you stand out there alone. See watch I'll face this corner to make you feel better." I watched him face the door and wall. I did my business and flushed then headed over to the sink. Jason walked over to the stool and did his business as I washed my hands. By the time I got done he flushed and walked up to the sink as I moved out of the way. I was about to open the door when Jason stopped me. "Wait let me see if any ones out there. Also when we're in public places you call me Jasper and you call Beckett, Luke." he said and I nodded. Jason peaked his head out then grabbed my hand as he walked out. Beckett was standing on the other side of the door. "Wow you guys take forever." he said as he walked into the bathroom. Before he closed the door Jason stopped him. "Luke what do you want to eat and drink?" Beckett thought a moment. "Grab me a Red Bull, Pepsi and some Chex Mix." and with that he closes the door. Jason and me headed over to the drinks first. He grabs a Mountain Dew and a Monster then grabs Beckett's drinks. "You can get something. You can get a pop or energy drink or anything." He said closing the door. I grabbed a Kick Start and a Fanta. We then walked over to the candy aisle. That's when Beckett came around the corner and took his drinks from Jason then grabbed his Chex Mix and Starburst. Jason looked over all the stuff then grabbed a little bag of Sun Chips and a bag of Oreos. I picked up a box of Mike and Ikes and a bag of Cheeze Its. We all walked up to the counter and sat our stuff down. "We have gas as well." Jason said. "Pump 5 right?" the cashier asked. Jason nodded his head as she scanned all our stuff and added on our gas. "Your total will be $86.92." she said. Beckett looked through his wallet and pulled out two $20 bills, one $5 bill and two $1 bills. "Jasper do you have $40 bucks?" Beckett asked looking at Jason. Jason looked through his wallet and pulled out two $20 bills. "Do you want your receipt sir?" she pulled it off the machine. "Sure. Have a nice day!" Beckett said with a genuine smile as he took his change and the receipt. "You guys have a nice day as well!" she said smiling back as we walked out and headed to the vehicle. "Jason it's your turn to drive." Beckett said opening the back door. Jason nodded his head and hopped in the driver seat. "Lady's first!" Beckett said smiling. I got In and Beckett followed. This time I sat in the middle. Jason started the car and pulled it back onto the highway. I grabbed my Mike and Ikes and ate a few then took a drink of Fanta before sitting them on the floor. I rested my head on Beck's shoulder and he laid his head on mine. He reminded me of my brother Danny. They both have watched over me and are a little protective.

~ about 10 minutes later ~

As we pulled onto a ramp I realized Beck had follow asleep. Not to long after that I must have done the same because I was awoken when Jason hit the breaks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, another cliff hanger. So Sophia thinks of Beck like an older brother. What does she think of Jason as? Speaking of Jason, why'd he slam on the breaks?

Please hit that vote button if you'd like, Thank You :D