Chapter 26

~ Sophia's POV ~

After they lowered the casket and filled in the grave everyone left. "C-can we g-go down t-there?" I asked Jason. Beckett was back in the truck waiting. "Not today, maybe in a few days. Lets go home it'll be getting dark soon." He said putting his arm around my waist and turning around to face the vehicle. I walked slowly back to the truck with him. He helped me into the backseat then climbed in beside me. I didn't say anything on the way home. I was just in a gaze, staring out the window.

When we got to the lake house I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a tank. After I changed I climbed into bed and laid there.

~ Beckett's POV ~

When we got to the house we all changed into sweats. Sophia went and laid down which didn't surprise me since

that's what she's been doing lately. Jason said he was going to go run to a fast food place and pick up something to eat. Then bringing it back for supper. I grabbed the laptop about 20 minutes after he left and looked up about the crash. I found an article that was posted about two weeks ago and it nearly made my jaw fall all the way to the floor. It read, "We have looked more into the crash that happened on highway12 and found more out about the bomb. We have found out that the same bomb made for the car was on one of the same websites as the bomb made back in 2010 that disrupted a funeral. This may not lead us to the person behind this but it is a lead." Crap, crap, crap. Jason better get his a** back here quick. I ran upstairs and found Sophia laying on the bed staring at the wall. "Hey Sophia grab your things and put them in this duffle back." I said tossing a bag on the end of the bed. She got up and out of bed and grabbed the bag but looked at me worried. "What's going on? Are we leaving?" I nodded my head and jogged out of the room. I called Jason phone but he didn't answer. DANG IT Jason answer the f***ing phone. I call numerous amount of times but they all went to voice mail. I grabbed all my things and threw them into a duffle bag and walked into Sophia's bedroom. "Do you have everything?" I asked setting my stuff down with a shaking hand. "Yeah. What's going on Beckett?" she asked laying her bag down by mine. "I'll explain later when Jason's here." I said looking at my phone. 9pm. He's been gone for almost an hour now. I picked up my bag and was about to turn around and walk out of the room when I heard a vehicle's tires on gravel. I dropped the bag and slid it all under the bed. "Don't make an noises. For all we know this could be some gang coming to kill me and Jason." I whispered as I grabbed her wrist and walked to my bedroom. She nodded her head and followed. I peeked out the window but there were no vehicles. That's when I heard the front door fling open. "This way." I whispered as I walked over to the bed and got on my hands and knees. I crawled under the bed and Sophia followed.

~ Sophia's POV ~

As I crawled under the bed I was terrified. I can't believe I'm saying this but where's Jason? I'm scared that this guy coming into the house is Wade from the other day or a guy from a gang. I was freaking out so much I didn't even realize Beckett had a gun in his hand. OH MY GOD I'm so scared. Creak... Creak... they were getting closer. It sounds like they're on the steps. They slowly walk down the hall and it sounds like they went into the other bedroom. My eyes start to water and a tear ran down my face as I blink. I blink them away as much as possible as I hear the foot steps walk into the bedroom we're in. They walk closer to the bed and stop as there feet reach the shadows of the bed. The guy starts to slowly walk out of the room and then the stairs start to creak. Beckett slowly crawls out from under the bed. He holds up his hand and mouths "Stay." I nod my head and mouth back "be careful". He nods back then stands up. I hear foot steps fade down the hall but that's the last that I hear of the foot steps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no CLIFF HANGER!!! Who's in the house? Is it Wade? Did Wade send over some guys to take care of them? Will Beckett be okay?

Please hit that vote button if you'd like, thank you :)