Chapter 23

~ Sophia's POV ~

"What?" I said looking up at Jason after he punched the wall. He didn't answer me he just stomped out of the room just as Beckett walked in. "I'll be right back." Jason grumbled then ran off down the stairs loudly then I heard the front door slam shut. "What do you want Beckett? Are you here to yell and scream at me to? Actually I don't care what your in here for. I just want to be left alone." I said into my pillow. I heard his foot steps getting closer until they stop close to the bed. "I'm not going to leave you here alone. I know you hate us and I don't blame you... But you still don't understand why your in this mess." he said sitting down on the bed beside me. "Jason already told me that I'm safer here but why do you guys care. Why would it mater if I was kidnapped by some gang or murdered by someone?" I yelled into the pillow. He moved over closer to me and rolled me onto my back so I was staring up into his green eyes. "We didn't kill you because for some reason over the few months you've been here you felt like family. Don't ask me how but you did. Then that one night when I held you while you cried I felt bad. We knew it was a risk to keep you alive but some risks are worth taking." Something about that last line made me happy. It reminded me of Olaf in 'Frozen' when he said, "Some people are worth melting for." I sat up on my elbows but neither one of us said anything. We just stared into each others eyes. Have I said that he has gorgeous eyes. If you stare into them long enough you get lost in them. Which is what happened to me. I leaned up and met his lips. We stayed like that for a few seconds then we separated and looked at each other shocked. "Um... Sorry about that. I didn-" I started to say as I sat up and crossed my legs but he stopped me. "No it's fine. I better go find Jason. Stay here just in case he's still p***ed off." I nodded my head, "Yeah.. um ok." I said as he got up and left the room. What's gotten into me lately. First me and Jason kiss now I just kissed Beck. Maybe I'm just tired and can't think straight. Yeah that's it, I just need sleep.

~ Beckett's POV ~

"No it's fine. I better go find Jason. Stay here just in case he's still p***ed off." I said standing up. "Yeah.. um ok." Sophia said still looking shocked. I walked out of the room and closed the door. Where'd Jason go? I went into the garage and the truck was still here. That's when I seen his four wheeler missing. I forgot that when he use to go here he'd go ride out on the trails to cool off. Jason would probably be back soon since it was almost sunset. So I went back inside, and seen Sophia standing at the top of the steps. "Is he still gone?" she sniffed. "Yeah he took the four wheeler out." I said as she walked down the stairs. She sat down on the couch and I sat down on the other end. "Can I go to my funeral?" she asked out of no where. I looked at her but she was staring at the wall. "Um.... The only way we can go is at the cemetery but we can't stand near anyone. Plus you cant talk to anyone either." she nodded her head. "When is my funeral anyway?" she asked still looking at the wall. I grabbed the computer and looked. "It's in two days, on Saturday." I said. She stood up and walked to the stairs but stopped on the first step. "When Jason gets back can you go buy me a black dress in a size 5 and a pair of heels in a size 7. Also can you grab me some lip gloss, eye liner, mascara and eye shadow." I nodded my head and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it down then sat it on the coffee table. "Can you dye your hair?" I asked her turning back to face her. She nodded her head. "What color of hair dye do you want, it needs to be about 10 shades different from what you have?" She never looked my way just at the stairs. "Red or maroon." She said then walked up the stairs into the bedroom than shut the door.

Around 11pm I heard the garage door open then close. A few seconds later Jason walked in the door. "Have a nice drive?" I asked looking away from the tv. "Yeah." he said walking up the stairs and into the bedroom. I watched tv til I couldn't stay awake.

~ Jason's POV ~

As I walked into the bedroom Sophia was laying down facing the wall. I walked over to the bed and laid down beside her looking up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry about earlier Sophia. I shouldn't have yelled at you." She didn't say anything, she just stared at the wall. I have a feeling this is going to be a long week.