Chapter 8

~ Jason POV ~

We headed up stairs to the laptop and hooked up the video camera. After getting the video put onto the disc we put it into the DVD play to see if it worked. "I'm glad we decided to use that room it throws them off and makes them think we're in an abandon house." Beckett said hitting the eject button and putting it into a case. He wore gloves so he didn't leave any finger prints then grabbed his keys. "Where are we dropping off this bad boy?" Beckett said waving the case in the air. "Drop it off at Nick's house. He gets home around 9 which is in two hours. Which gives you enough time to drop it off at his house before he gets home." I smirked to my self on how well the plan was. Beckett walked out the door and got in his vehicle. I turn on the tv and watched CSI Miami.

~ Nick Stokes POV ~

(a few hours later)

I pulled into my drive way exhausted from the long day. As I walked up to the front door I noticed something laying on the door mat. It was a yellow involved with 'Nick and Crew written a crossed the front. I called up Greg to see if he was still at the station and he was. I hopped back in the car and headed back to the station with the envelope. When I got there Greg was still looking over things from the crash that we found out was a bomb. The crash started with two cars that hit, one contained a bomb. There was a few vehicles following close behind and the got involved in the collision. "Hey Nick. Why were you wondering if I was still here?" Greg looked up from his work. "I got home and found this on my door step. Last I knew nobody had ordered anything." I held up the envelope as Greg stood up. We walked into the lab and looked for fingerprints but found none. "Looks like whoever it was they kept there prints away." Greg said as he put it into the computer. A video popped up with a girl sitting in a chair. It was Chad's daughter, Sophia. I called him up after the video and told him to come down to the lab at the station. After he seen the video we discussed on what we were gonna do. "Well we can't just give them the money." I said looking at Greg and Chad. "But we can't just let them kill my daughter either. We need to figure out a way to give them the money at the same time as them handing Sophia over." Chad said angrily. We had no evidence from when she went missing. All we have now is she was kidnapped and was in an old house. "We have no evidence on who took her or where she is. All we know is that she's in an old house or room. We may have to just take chances. We can search all the abandon houses throughout the next several towns. If we find nothing by 11 tomorrow night we have no choice but to hand over the money and hope for the best. Someone can stay at the house where they can see them picking up the money and get photos or videos of them. That'd give us a lead on who's behind this. I know we're taking huge chances but that's all we got. We'll have someone deliver while someone hides." I said standing up and looked at the time. It's past midnight which means the countdown to finding Sophia before we give the kidnappers the money.

--------------------------------------------------

So do you think their plan will work? Will they find Sophia before it's to late?