Chapter 13

~ Beckett's POV ~

I was on my way to the stairs when I heard yelling, "Why Jason? Why is it every time I bring up this fricking topic you block me out?" I jogged down the stairs and followed behind Sophia. I wrapped my arm around her waist as I covered her mouth. I turned her around and headed for the stairs. I knew if Jason got any more ticked off he'd royally hurt someone. She tried squirming out of my grip and tried dragging my feet so I picked her up. After getting to the top of the stairs I carried her down the hall to her room. I closed the door behind us and sat down on the bed with her on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as she started to cry. After a while her sobbing stopped and she soon fell asleep. I laid her down and walked back down stairs. As I walked into the kitchen Jason was leaned against the counter staring at the oven timer. "6 more minutes til the pizzas done." he said looking over his shoulder. "Good. I'm starving," I said walking over to the fridge. I grabbed out three Mountain Dews then sat them on the island.

After 6 minutes past I checked on Sophia but she was still asleep I didn't want to wake her up so I went back down stairs and ate. "Why didn't you just wake her up?" Jason asked taking a bite of pizza. "She needs sleep. She can just eat when she gets up." I said finishing off my last slice of pizza. I put a few pizza slices in aluminum foil and put it in the fridge with the can of Mountain Dew. "I seen that it's gonna be nice tomorrow. We could move up to the lake house. It's away from town so we'd be on the down low." I said shutting the fridge. "Yeah sounds good. We can leave tomorrow night. Less vehicles means fewer people would see us." he got up and walked upstairs. I looked at the time. It's midnight but I'm not tired. I pulled a movie off the shelf and put it in. I fell asleep around 1am but was later woken up by a noise.

------------------------------------

Here we are again.... CLIFF HANGER. What's the noise from? Is it the cops? Is it someone from a gang trying to seek revenge on Jason or Beckett? How will Sophia feel about going to a cabin?