Chapter 5

~ Sophia's POV ~

I didn't sleep much that night knowing I was in the same house as one of the most wanted criminals. I mostly just stared into the dark thinking about what he wanted and what everyone was doing back at home. Were they looking for me? Do they know who took me? How long have I been gone?

I was staring at the covered window looking at the light getting brighter as the sun raised. A few days past and he hadn't come back into the room.

I was sleeping until I was woken up by the sound of the door opening. I use to not be a light sleeper but ever since what happened last time, I'm more alert. He walked in and came over to me with something in his hand. It looked like a plate but I couldn't tell. "Looks like I don't have to wake you up today." he smirked at his own words. He put his hand up to the tape and pulled it off slowly. Before he got it half way off he said same thing as he did a few days ago, "Don't scream or you'll regret it." I nodded my head slowly and let him take the tape off all the way. "I need to talk to you about something." he looked into my eyes until I spoke up. "What?". He walked over to the side of the room and pulled a chair up in front of me and sat down. "How far have the cops gotten on the accident?". I thought back to the crash that accrued a few days ago and realize I never heard what fully happened. "I'm not for sure...". He looked into my eyes like he was trying to search for the truth. "You know a little more than that. Tell me what your friend Lilly said." he smirked slyly. How did he know that Lilly told me about the crash. Better yet how does he know Lilly. "H-how do you know Lilly?". He knew he was creeping me out. "Oh, I know all your friends, Sophia. I know your family too. Your brother Danny is protective over you and your little brother Max. Max is a good kid. I've noticed he hangs out with Sasha, Molly's little sister.". Chills ran down my spine at every word he said. When he mentioned Max my eyes started to water, but I held them back. "Please don't hurt them. Please! I'm begging you." He looked over to the window then back at me. "Tell me what you know and I wont." I looked down to my lap not wanting to look at him anymore. "The cops cleared the bodies. They almost cleared the vehicles until they got the idea that it could have been planned.". I could tell he was smiling by the way he talked, "Wow, they're just now getting the hang of this?". He picked up the plate and sat it by my feet. "I got you a little bit to eat." I looked down at it. It was a plate with a sandwich on it with a water bottle beside it. "How am I suppose to eat if I'm tied up?" He just chuckled to himself. "I don't trust you eating on your own so I'll feed it to you." I just stared at him, how do I know it isn't poised or drugged. I was to hungry to care so I let him feed me it. I believe in that saying "Everything happens for a reason". So if I die then I guess it is my time.

After he got down feeding me the sandwich he grabbed the water bottle and unscrewed the lid. He held it up to my lips and let it run into my mouth. I made a noise to tell him to stop pouring it but he continued. I went to swallow what was in my mouth and water ran down my shirt as he slowly stopped pouring it. After I swallowed I looked at him, "Are you trying to drown me with a bottle of water?". He lifted his hand up to my face. I winced waiting for him to slap me across the face. When I opened my eyes he was smirking. "Maybe. You may never know." He screwed the lid back on and moved the chair back to the side of the room. Jason walked up to me and put the tape back on my face. I didn't try to stop him, there wasn't any use. He walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

~ Jason POV ~

I decided I might as well feed Sophia, just to keep her alive for as long as I needed her. I grabbed a water out of the fridge and made a ham sandwich. I walked up the stairs and down the hall to her room. I opened the door and looked at her as she opened her eyes, "Looks like I don't have to wake you up today." I pulled the tape off her mouth half way then spoke up, "Don't scream or you'll regret it." She nodded and I pulled it the rest of the way off. "I need to talk to you," I looked into her eyes for a response.

"What?" when she spoke up I walked over and grabbed a chair. "How far have the cops gotten on the accident?". She looked at me and thought before she spoke up, "I'm not for sure..." I looked at her knowing she knew a little bit about it. I knew her friend Lilly would have told her. "You know a little more than that. Tell me what your friend Lilly said." As I looked into her eyes I could see fear. Even when she was scared she looked beautiful. Wait what? I did not just think that. I was snapped out of my thoughts when she spoke up. "H-how do you know Lilly?" I told her how I knew her friends and family. She just stared at me in more fear. After I got her to tell me about the crash I grabbed the sandwich and feed her. She hesitated at first but then she took a bite. She hadn't eaten for the past three days so she didn't care if anything was wrong with it. After she was done eating I grabbed the water and let her take a drink. She mumbled signaling that she was done drinking but I kept pouring it into her mouth. She closed her mouth to swallow so I spilled a little and it ran down her shirt. "Are you trying to drown me with a bottle of water?". I brought my hand up like I was gonna slap her and she winced. I just smirked and dropped my hand to her knee, "Maybe. You may never know." I put the lid back on the water and the chair back in its spot. As I put the tape over her mouth I waited for her to try and stop me but she didn't. Maybe she learned that trying to stop me wont work. I left the room and shut the door. I headed back down the stairs and sat down on the couch with the laptop. I research the accident to see how far they'd gotten over the past few days. All they've done do far was figured where the cars had hit and which direction they came from. Wow, they've gotten really far... Not. I looked up to see what they had said about Sophia's kidnapping. All there is was that a she had been kidnapped on her way home or she ran away. I found a video of Nick Stokes speaking in front of a group of reporters. "Hello everyone I'm Nick Stokes. I'd like to report a person missing. A 15 year old girl, named Sophia Tatum, went missing after school on her way home. If you have seen her please contact the police. There is a one million dollars reward for who ever finds her. Please help search for the girl. We have not confirmed if she has been kidnapped or has ran away. We will update you on any further notice. Thank you." he stepped down from the podium he was standing behind and walked off as the video ended. Once again... Wow, they hadn't gotten much information on that either.

---
Like & Comment
P.s. I originally had her age as 14 but changed it to 15... you'll find out why later 😉