Chapter 1

~At school~

I was sitting in my math, my last class period... HALLELUJAH!! I may have good grades and get on honor roll but I still don't like school. I mostly keep up my good grades because for one I don't want to get my butt chewed by my parents and second because I'd like to go to a nice collage. Back to what I was saying tho. The bell rang and everyone got up and started heading for the door til Mrs. Delmar stopped us. "Everyone back to you seats. The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do." Is it just me or does EVERY teacher say that? "I want you to grab one of these worksheets before you leave." She pointed to the stack of white papers by the door. " You will be able to work on it tomorrow in class and then it will be due Monday after you come back from your weekend. You are dismissed." Everyone pretty much bolted to the door after picking up a paper before she could say anything else. "Ms. Tatum? May I speak with you?" she asked as I grabbed a worksheet. "Yeah, sure." I unzipped my book bag and grabbed out a folder while she talked. "I am very pleased on how well you are doing in here. You are one of the top students that has good grades. I was wanting to tell you this before conferences. I feel as tho your teacher should tell you how well you are doing and I figured you wouldn't be at your conference because you'd probably be watching your little brother." I just smiled and said, "Yeah I'll be watching my little brother again." She smiled back, "Ok, well that's all I needed to talk to you about. Have a good day!" I headed for the door smiling, "You too, Mrs. Delmar."

When I got outside the sun was shining. I looked over to where the buses normally were parked but they had left. Well I guess I'll just walk home, anyway I don't live to far plus it's nice out. I took out my ear buds and put one of them in my ear and left the other hanging. I pulled out my phone and hooked them up and turned on my music. Fancy started playing and I walked to the sound of the music. I headed toward the trail behind the school that lead to the park. The walk between the school and park is a little ways but not that bad of a trail. When I come out on the otherside in the park I head toward home. Thats when I get a weird feeling. The feeling of someone watching me. I feel like the prey of a starving predator, the feeling that they're eyes are glued on me, watching my every move. I begin to walk a little fast when I realize there isn't that many people at the park.

As I got closed to the house I pulled out my key just in case my brother, Danny, hadn't gotten back from picking up Max from the Elementary. For my luck he was already home and the house was unlocked. As I walked in and shut the door, Max came from around the corner running to me. He jumped into my arms and I picked him up. "How was school sissy?" I smiled at how cute he was, "It was good how was kindergarten?". He smiled and hugged me, "It was GREAT!". I sat him down and walked toward the kitchen, "That's good. Are you hungry?". As I walked into the kitchen I seen Danny making a PB&J sandwich. "I see your big brother has beat me to it." I said smiling at Max, who was now holding my hand. Danny and me pretty much spoil Max when our parents aren't home. We let him watch scary movies with us but we make him promise not to tell mom and dad. Well I guess step-mom and dad. My parents divorced a few years back and my dad has remarried.

I lifted Danny up onto one of our stools we had in the kitchen and sat beside him. Danny came over with three sandwiches one for each of us. Yeah, I know what your thinking nice brother right, he actually is. We still fight like siblings, but we're one of the closes siblings. He's protective over Max and me.

"So how was school today, you too?" Danny asked as he took a bite of his sandwich. I looked over at Max who was eatting him sandwich just looking at me with a happy face. "My day was good. Mrs. Delmar stopped me before I left to tell me about my grades. Nothing really special tho, just the usual..". We both looked over a Max who chewed up his food and swallowed. I just giggled, "Do you want something to drink?" He nodded his head, as I got up. "What do you two want to drink?" Danny was the one to speak up first, "We'll take some Coca Cola, please!" I grabbed to Cokes and a Mountain Dew then sat back down as I handing out the drinks.

After we got done eating we Danny went into his room while Max and me went into the living room. He grabbed two wii controller from our video game basket and handing one to me. "Lets play Mario Kart!" I smiled. We both loved to play that game. The funny thing is he could sometimes beat me and I don't play easy on him either. I use to when he first learned to play but he caught on quick and became really good. We played Mario Kart until our older sister came in. "Hey Kaitlyn. How was your studying at Tris's?" I turned the corner on Mario Kart right as I got hit by a shell. Dang you stupid shell I was almost to the finish line. "It was good I'm gonna see if I can go over there tomorrow to spend the night while you guys have your sleep over." I just smiled, we'd actually be able to use the living room for our horror movie time finally. Danny and Kate would both be at there friend's houses.

Later that night when both our parents were home and all the siblings. (Just so you know I have three siblings and two stepsisters.) We were at the dinner table eatting when my stepmother spoke up. "Me and your father were wondering if you and Lilly could watch Max while we go out since everyone will be gone." I was ok with that because Max normally just goes to the basement to Danny's room and plays his xbox when I have friends over. "Yeah, that totally fine." I said with a smile.