Chapter 18

~ Jason's POV ~

I woke up to the sound of crying. The sun was barely shining through the black blinds and curtains. I looked beside me to see Sophia shivering. I felt her skin and she was ice cold. I looked over her shoulder and she was crying. I sat up and shook her shoulders. "Sophia wake up!" I yelled. She continued to cry as I shook her shoulders a little harder. "Wake up Sophia! Your dreaming! Wake up!!" I yelled a little louder. Her eyes slowly opened as her crying turned into sniffled. "It's just a bad dream, everything going to be alright. Are you ok?" I asked. She nodded her head a little and sat up a bit then hugged me. I pulled her onto my lap and held her as I slowly rubbed her back. "..Across the ocean, across the sea. Startin' to forget the way you look at me now. Over the mountains, across the sky. Need to see your face and need to look in your eyes. Through the storm and, through the clouds. Bumps on the road and upside down now. I know it's hard baby, to sleep at night. Don't you worry. Cause Everything's gonna be alright..." I quietly started to sing. Sophia slowly stopped sniffling and crying as she went to sleep. I gradually laid her down and covered her up. I laid down beside her pulling her close to keep her warm. Her shivers slowly stopped and her skin began to feel warm again.

~ Sophia's POV ~

When I woke up Jason was already out of the room. I got out of bed and headed over to the door. Thankfully it was unlocked and I headed down stairs. I looked in the living room but nobody was there. As I snuck over to the front door until I heard a door open upstairs. I ran for the closest door and closed it behind me knowing if I tried the front door it'd be to late. I was in a closet. I could hear foot steps walking down the stairs. I seen their shadow go past the door walking toward the kitchen. The door swung open and I screamed throwing a punch at whoever it was. My fist was caught by Beckett and he pulled me out of the closet. "Found ya. You have bad hiding spots." he said chuckling. He pulled me into the kitchen. "Hey I'm going to town. What your shoes, pants and shirt sizes?" he asked. "Shirts are normally medium. Pants are normally a medium or a size 8. My shoes are normally 7 also." I said as he wrote down all I said. "Ok well I'm gonna go." he stood up and walked out the front door. I sat on the couch and watched him drive down the road. I walked over to the door and opened it. I looked back but no one was there. I started running toward the gravel road sense I didn't have my shoes on. I didn't look back but I could hear someone running down the porch steps. I picked up my pace and ran faster but not fast enough. Jason grabbed a hold of my wrist and spun me around. I lost my balance and fell to the ground. Jason straddle my waist and pinned my wrists to the grass. "What the f***? Stop running your always going to get caught!" he yelled looking down at me. "I'm never gonna stop trying Jason! Never!" I yelled back. He stood up pulling me with him. Jason started walking to the cabin but I stopped in my tracks. "Why won't you let me go Jason? You have the money!" I yelled at him as he turned around to face me. "You really want to know why I took you?" he asked angrily at me. "Why Jason? Why?" I asked looking into his eyes as mine started to water. "My brother was killed and your father didn't do anything about it. He just watched him die. Nick Stokes your dad's Best Friend did the same. My brother was just walked down the sidewalk minding his own business and they showed up and shot him. Then they became cops and you wanna know why? So they could hunt me down and kill me too because I was a witness." he said starting to walk again. I had no choice but to follow him sense he was holding onto my wrist. "Your making this up. My dad would never have done such a thing." I said close to a mumble. "I seen it with my own eyes Sophia. I seen my own brother get killed in front of me." We walked up on the porch and Jason opened the door. "If that truly happened why didn't you go to the police?" I asked as he locked the door. "I did they drove me home and said I was just seeing things. That I'm just a kid and I don't know anything." he walked off into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I hoisted myself up on the counter and sat as I watched Jason. Should I believe him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should she believe Jason or is he making this all up? If it's true why would Nick and Sophia's dad, Chad, do such a thing? Why is Beckett being nice and getting Sophia clothes? Do Jason and Beckett still plan on killing Sophia? If they do is buying her clothes just to throw her off their plan? If your loving this story please hit the voting button :)