43 - Gabriel Jesus

-

"How could you be so dumb?" Izabel yells at her bestfriend's boyfriend, Gabriel. She was yelling at him because he broke up with her bestfriend over a reason that wasn't even true. Izabel and Gabriel were close friends, and Izabel knew he was her bestfriend's man, so she never messed with him.

Gabriel sighs and slaps his arms against his side, "It just wasn't working out...I didn't want to hurt her."

"She loves you!" Izabel screams and Gabriel holds his hand up to shush her. "You're stupid, Gabriel."

"Why would I date her if I didn't love her?" He says. "I never loved her."

"You dated her for five months. So you're telling me throughout those whole five months you never loved her?"

He shakes his head and squeezes in his shoulders, "I thought that maybe I would eventually, but then I started realizing that I never did. I like her. She's a great person, but I guess I just don't see myself being with her."

Izabel sighs and sits down on the couch. She felt bad that her bestfriend was crying herself to sleep because of Gabriel. She wasn't even sure how'd she tell her the truth about why he broke up with her. "You hurt her."

Gabriel takes a seat next to her and his knee slightly grazes her, "I know and I am sorry."

"Why are you telling me—you should be telling her."

"I know, but I'm sorry I put you in this situation. I know you were taking care of her because she's heartbroken. I didn't mean to hurt her—"

"Just stop talking, Gabriel!" She arose from the couch and turned towards him. He had a sorrowful expression and his hands were in his lap. "You told her that you cheated on her. How is that 'I didn't mean to hurt her?'" She mocks him and he shakes his head.

"I didn't mean—"

"Shut up. You just couldn't tell her truth and why not?"

Gabriel looks down at the floor and then puts his hands in his face. He mumbles, "I didn't know what to say. I wasn't trying to lie, but she was beginning to cry, and I just blurted those words out. I wasn't even thinking, and I just sort of ran with the lie. I don't know why I said that."

Izabel runs her hands through her hair and paces around the livingroom, "You're unbelievable."

"Izabel, you're acting like it's all my fault—I never loved her! What was I supposed to do in the first place then?"

"If you never loved her, then why did you even continue to date her?" She asks and he stays silent. "Why didn't you just tell her in the first place before you guys started dating?"

"Because I started liking this other girl while I was with her. I thought that little crush I had for the other girl would go away so I continued to talk Giselle. And then I started realizing that that crush wasn't going away, and the girl I liked was someone who I could never have a chance with. So I dated Giselle...hoping that idea of dating the other girl would diminish."

Izabel shakes her head, "Wow, you're even worser than I thought." Gabriel sighs and sinks his head deeper in his knees. The 'other' girl that he liked was standing in front of him. His chances of being with her went from zero to negative one-hundred.

"I still like that girl now—"

"Gabriel, leave," she demands and walks over to the kitchen. She was tired of hearing what she called, 'his fuckboy ways.' No matter how much she tried to view her friend the other way, she always saw him as being a player. He had his ways, but they stopped the past five months because he was in a relationship.

"Izabel—"

She shook her head, "I just need you to leave, because you broke Giselle's heart and you're pissing me off right now."

"It's you!" He blurts out as he stands up. "The other girl that I like is you."

Izabel's mouth fell agape. Never did she see her friend falling for her. Gabriel stared at her and then glanced at the floor. He was ready to take this huge rejection and the possibility of losing their friendship. He just wanted her to know.

"Look, I know—"

"Gabriel," she stares at him in disbelief. "Fuck no!"

He sighs and feels the nervousness of his stomach churn. His palms become sweaty, and he could feel his heartbeat through his throat. He manages, "Why not?"

"Are you kidding? You are my bestfriend's ex, and that breaks the Girl Code—"

"Fuck that Girl Code crap!"

She shakes her head, "You just lied to someone, so how do I know you won't lie to me?"

"I have never lied to you, Izabel."

"You're such a player and manipulator, I swear. I've seen you and your player ways. I been there when you would juggle between three girls a week. I don't want that."

"I haven't had sex in five months, what are you talking about?" He raises his arms up in defense. "I'm not like that anymore. That ship has sailed and I'm ready to settle with someone I actually like. Hell, I think I might love you."

"Gabriel, get out of here," she points to the door.

"I know you like me, too, Izabel."

"What?" She screams. She couldn't believe she was actually arguing with him.

"That one day at the park when we were hiking together, you pulled me into a hug and you hugged me for a long time. You also let me kiss your cheek, and you didn't pull away or stop me. We cuddled on the couch, and you don't even like cuddling. And as we were cuddling, you let me massage your hair and you were practically on top of me."

Izabel shakes her head. She couldn't lie and say that she didn't find him attractive at least a little bit. He was cute in her eyes and she did feel something different with him. However, they hadn't been that close since Gabriel started dated Giselle—which was a week after they cuddled. Izabel's feelings for him were started to grow, but then they came to a sudden halt when Giselle announced she was dating Gabriel.

"You can't tell me you didn't feel something," he mumbles and steps closer to her. She remains silent and the silence was giving Gabriel confidence. He steps even closer to her and now they are inches away from each other. "I'm sorry for what I did to you. I shouldn't have left you hanging like that. I was talking to Giselle during that time, and I was at a confused state. I followed my brain instead of my heart."

He lets out another small sigh and caresses her cheek with his hand. She glances up at his eyes and he quickly looks down at her lips. He licked his own and then leaned down to connect his lips with hers. A small moan escapes his mouth when they touch because he longly yearned to know how her lips felt. They were so soft and it delighted him.

Izabel's arm snakes around his back as she melts into his lips. Suddenly, her brain wakes up and she pushes him back. "No, no, no, we can't do this."

"I love you," he breathes out. "Please, Izabel."

She touches her throbbing lips and turns away from him. He returns quickly by her side and wraps one of his arms around her.

"I've never been so confident about this," he continues.

"Gabriel, what am I supposed to tell Giselle?" He shrugs. "She is going to hate me."

"I've known you longer," he shrugs. "I've been liking you for a long while—"

"Just stop talking," she shuts him up and his shoulders slouch. "I like you, too, Gabriel, but you hurt me so badly when you started dating her out of the blue."

"I know and I apologize," he repeats.

"God," she groans and stares at the Brazilian man. He gives her a sheepish smile which causes her to chuckle. "We're horrible people."

He laughs and steps closer to her. His arms wrap around her back and she immediately puts her hands behind his head. He leans down to kiss her and she smiles within.