19 - Giovani Dos Santos

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N, I heard your boyfriend, Giovani dos Santos, cheated on you? Is that true?" One of the reporters asked. I blocked that question out of mind and kept trying to go to a taxi. "Is it true that he got another girl pregnant?" I rolled my eyes at that stupid question.

Gio and I broke up a month ago because we figured that we weren't really meant to be. We went our separate ways and haven't talked since then. Right now, I'm trying to go my friends house so we can hang out tonight.

After ten minutes of struggling, I finally saw a taxi. As I was just about to open the door, someone got in front of me and opened it and got right it. What a jerk. You know what they say: finders keepers. I groaned knowing I had to find another one. Since I was in crunch time, I got in with the stranger not caring at all.

I groaned and looked at the person next to me. My eyes widened as I saw who it was, but he didn't look at me. To my surprise he looked down and sad, or he was just trying to avoid me.

   He fiddled with his phone and then looked out the window. His hair was a mess and he was wearing baggy sweats.

   "Giovani," I said and looked at him. He didn't move an inch. "Giovani."

   He finally looked back up at me and made eye contact with me. His eyes were red and swollen, as if he was crying all day.

   "Don't you play tonight?" I asked and examined his appearance again.

   "Yeah, why does it matter?" he asked and then looked at my thigh.

   "Because, shouldn't you be getting ready for the game and like, stay away from the paps?"

   "It's not like I'm gonna play."

   "Why do you say that?" I asked.

   "Coach says I have been playing terrible lately, and that my head isn't in the game. And I have been terrible lately."

   I slowly nodded my head and then turned my attention to the road again. I noticed that the taxi driver was dropping me off at my friend's house first.

   I got out and started walking to her house. I knocked on her door and she opened the door and jumped onto me.

   "I got to tickets to the game tonight!" She screamed into my ear.

   I gasped as I realized Gio was going to have to be there. "Wait, wait, what?"

   "You and I are going to the Mexico game today."

   "You know I can't go, Gio is going to be there. I can't see him."

   "C'mon, Y/N, you have to come with me, I don't have anyone else to go with. Please, and plus you owe me one," she said.

   "Ugh, fine, okay."

*****

   It was already halftime and we were losing 1-0. Gio wasn't playing and seeing him on the bench, made my heart ache. He looked terrible and depressed. I saw him get up and start walking into the tunnel. I wasn't sure why my mind always shifted to him.

   "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I said to Y/F/N. I got up and walked around the stadium.

   I had known the stadium by heart and I even knew where the tunnel was at. I started jogging to the tunnel and finally made it. I turned to the right and instantly saw someone.

   "Gio," I called out. The figure stopped and looked back at me. His eyes widened and then be put his head down.

   "What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here," he asked. His voice cracked. What has he been crying about?

   I walked up to him and instantly hugged him. I knew he needed it, and all he needed was comfort at this moment. His body tensed up but then relaxed as he wrapped his arms around me. He buried his head in my neck and I could hear him crying.

   "Gio, what's wrong, tell me now." I said and released from the hug.

   He looked at me and his cheeks were tear stained, "I lied about everything, I do need you and you do keep me alive. We are meant to be and I can't stand a day without you. I have cried and just haven't been myself ever since. Y/N, I love you and need you."

I smiled and pulled him into a hug, "I love you so much, baby. And hey, even if you know you're not gonna play, be supportive to your teammates and look--happy."

----

🌸Trying to update a Rafinha one shot up tomorrow. Poor baby tore his ACL and is out for six months. 😭🌸