Chapter 38

Princess:
After leaving LA, Abel and I flew to Toronto.

Once we landed, we took our bags to his condo then went out to find his mom a birthday gift.

"Do you know what you wanna get her?

"Well she just moved into her new house so I was thinking about getting her a new living room set or something."

"Ooh, that's nice. Do you know what she likes?"

"Kind of, but I'm sure I'll pick something ugly so I'll let you make the final decision."

I laughed. "Okay."

"And maybe while we're here we can find some stuff for our house too."

"We have to find a house first." I shook my head at him as I grabbed his hand. "Now let's look."

We walked around the store, looking at living and dining room sets for his mom.

As we were looking, I noticed an older black man almost following us around the store. I could tell he was trying to be inconspicuous but I clearly noticed him.

"Abel?"

"Hmm?"

"Is that man following us?"

"What? Who?"

I subtly motioned towards the guy.

"Him."

Abel turned to look then shrugged.

"Maybe he's just a sale associate or a fan or something."

"His old ass is not a fan and if he was a sales associate he shoulda been said something by now."

"Don't worry about it baby, let's just focus on what we came here for."

"Okay..."

We continued to look and I noticed that the guy was starting to follow us even closer.

I turned around to say something to him hut he spoke up first.

"Princess, is that you?"

"Yes, do I know you?"

"You don't recognize me honey?"

I looked over his face over and over, trying to figure out who he was until in clicked in my head.

"Dad?"

He smiled and gave me a hug. "It's been so long since I've seen you."

"Well who's fault is that?" I asked as I pushed him away from me. "You left us."

"I didn't mean to, I promise you I was gonna come back but-"

"I don't wanna hear it."

"Please Princess, I know you probably hate me and you have every right to but I just wanna talk to you. Please."

"Not here...

"Do you wanna have dinner or something then?"

"Sure."

"Are you free tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Then you can come to my house around eight. That way you can meet my wife and-"

"I don't wanna meet your wife."

"Ooh...then how about we meet at The Lakeview?"

"Sounds good."

"Alright then, see you later."

He smiled then walked away.

"Are you okay baby?"