Chapter 32

Abel:
"Did you tell Princess you're leaving?" Cash asked we pulled up to the hangar where our jet was waiting.

"Yeah, I told her I'd be back late tonight."

I told her I had to go to New York for a meeting but I was really going so I could go see my friend in the diamond district.

I was ready to get a ring for Princess and it couldn't be just any ring, I needed it to be special.

"You're really ready to propose to her?"

"Yeah, everything just seems so perfect now. We've been living together for a few months and we get along really well, and fuck all the time. It's great."

He laughed. "Just making sure. I don't want you to rush into this then regret it after you get married, you know?"

"Yeah I get it but I know I wanna marry her. She's the love of my life, man. We talk about getting married and starting a family together all the time. A few weeks ago we were just laying in bed talking about baby names."

"Alright, then let's get to New York so you can get this girl a ring."

We boarded the jet and since we were in DC the flight only took a little over an hour.

As soon as we landed, we went to the diamond district and to my favorite place, Pristine Jewelers.

"Aye, Cash! Abel!" David said when he saw us. "What can I help y'all with today? You looking for some new chains?"

"Nah." Cash answered. "This man is looking for a ring."

"Ooh a ring for Princess, I assume?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I need a rock for her."

"How big of a rock?"

"I don't know...I need it to say 'I'm sorry I fucked up before but I love you and I'm never gonna fuck up agin.'"

He laughed. "Okay, I'm thinking like ten carats then. What kind of cut would you like?"

"Princess cut...or maybe round or a heart. I'm not sure."

"If I recall, a few years ago you came and got a necklace and earrings for heart right, the heart shape set?"

"Yeah, I did."

"I can make a ring to match it if you'd like."

"That'd be cute but I don't know...I want it to represent the new us, you know? I don't want it to just match something that I got her five years ago. I want her to know I put forth thought and some effort into her new ring."

"Okay, so heart shaped it off the table. So princess or round?"

"You know what? Take princess cut off the list too, I want you to do a round cut."

"Okay, and what about the band? Yellow or white gold? Plain or with diamonds? And any side stones?"

"White gold, diamonds all around and no side stones."

"Alright, give me a few minutes and I'll draw you up a sketch."

He took the notes he wrote down and went back into his office.

Cash asked. "How much you think it's gonna cost?"

"Like three-fifty maybe."

"That's it? I think its gonna five hundred."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

After another ten minutes or so David came back out his office with a sketch he made of the ring.