Chapter 35

Princess:
After spending the weekend in Vegas with my family, Abel and I flew back to DC since I had to go to work.

"Princess!" I turned and saw Zariah skipping down the hallway towards me. "How does it feel to be engaged?!"

I didn't even tell her I was engaged so I assumed she found out on twitter or something.

"It feels great, I had no idea he was gonna propose."

"Lemme see that rock! I heard on twitter it's ten carats!"

"It's twelve."

"What?! Lemme see!"

"Okay, okay. Hold on." We walked into my class room and I sat down the stacks of paper I had in my hands then held my left hand up for her to see.

"Oh my god! It looks like you've got a damn ice skating rink on your finger!"

I laughed. "It's beautiful isn't it?"

"Hell yeah it is!" She laughed too. "I'm so happy for you Princess!"

I smiled. "Thanks."

"Have you started thinking about wedding ideas and stuff yet?"

"Yeah, we already set a date actually."

"When?!"

"May fifth."

"Seriously? Thats only a few months away."

"I know but Abel and I have been waiting so long for this and we don't wanna wait any longer than we have to. Our moms will have everything planned out in no time."

"That's so exciting!"

"I know, I can't wait." I smiled happily. "Have you seen Jason this morning?"

"Yeah, he's in his office."

"Ooh good. You know how the board is cutting back funding for the music program?"

"Yeah."

"Well I talked to Abel about it and he said he's willing to fund the program so now I gotta talk to Jason about it."

"That's really nice of him. I was so mad when I heard about that, music is really important."

"Yeah it is."

"Well good luck talking to Jason. I'll see you at lunch."

"Alright, see you later."

We both walked out of my room and she went down the hall to hers while I walked towards the office.

Jason was the principal at the school I worked at and he was one of the biggest assholes I've ever met so I knew talking to him wasn't going to be fun at all.

I walked into the office and said good morning to the secretaries before walking towards the principals office. The door was closed so I lightly tapped on and waited for Jason to say come in before opening the door.

"Good morning Princess, how are you?"

"Fine. Do you have a minute? I'd like to talk to you about something."

"Is this about the music program? I already told you there's nothing we can do about it. So-"

"Actually, there is something we can do."

"And what is that?"

"We can have somebody help with the funding."

"Who is going to just give two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to the school board? Hmm?"