Chapter 8

Abel:
The whole ride to the next city Princess just sat as far away from me as she could, with her earbuds in her ear. I didn't know what to say to her so I just left her alone.

"Bro, what did you do?" Lamar asked as he sat across from me at the table. "She hasn't said a word since we got on the bus."

"Last night I told that I think I'm falling in love with her, then she got mad."

"So you told her not to fall in love with you, then tell her you're falling in love with her? What kind of ass backwards shit is that?"

"I told her not to fall in love out of courtesy. I know who I am and I know that if she falls in love with me I'm just gonna hurt her."

"If you're really falling for her, then change so you won't end up hurting her."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"That's for you to figure out. But I think you should talk to her, she's probably confused as hell."

"Alright, I will."

I let her be until we get to the hotel. Everyone got off our busses and started to go inside but I grabbed her and pulled her to the side so we could talk.

"Abel let me go, it's hot as hell out here."

"I wanna talk to you first."

"I don't wanna talk to you, now let me go."

She started to walk away but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Aye, I know you're mad at me but you need to chill with that fucking attitude."

"Well I'm not exactly happy right now! The past two weeks you've been so nice to me and I started to think you liked me so I didn't feel bad about catching feelings for you. Then you blatantly tell me not to fall in love with you! I felt so stupid! I was about to go back to Atlanta, but I staid 'cause...'cause I don't wanna leave you." She took a deep shaky breath as she tried to contain her frustration. "Then you come back to the hotel, sex me up and tell me you're falling for me! Like what the fuck is that?!"

"Listen, I'm sorry. I know I confused you. Every time I find a girl that I like, I always fuck up and hurt her. That's why I told you not to fall in love with me. But I wanna change for you."

"What?"

"I wanna be with you Princess, and I'm gonna try to be a better person for you. I don't wanna hurt you."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"You're so complicated." She rolled her eyes and kissed my cheek. "Can we go inside now? I'm melting."

"Sure."

I grabbed her hand and went inside where Cash was still waiting for us in the lobby.

"What took y'all so long?" Cash asked as we approached him.

"We were just talking. Why? what's up?"

"Charlie just called and wanted to know if you're going to the artist gala next Saturday?"

"Yeah I guess, can you tell him I have a plus one?"

"Sure."

He walked away and we went to get the key to our suite.

"Abel, what's an artist gala?"

"Every year my record label put on this stupid thing where they make signed artist come meet new artist and shit. I honestly hate going but I kind of had to."