Chapter 22

Abel:
I tapped my pen on the side of my notebook. I was almost done writing  a song I had been working on for a few days but I couldn't think of a good bridge.

"What's up bro?" Lamar asked as he walked into my suite and sat on the couch next to me. "You writing about Princess again?"

"What? How'd you know?"

"You always get this sad ass look on your face when you're thinking about her."

"Ooh."

"It's been five years man and you got a girlfriend so you seriously need to get over her or just go find her again."

"I would but I know she doesn't want me." I sighed heavily as I sat my notebook down. "She's probably married now."

Last time I saw Princess was on her twentieth birthday. We hung out for a little bit and talked about our relationship. At that point she had pretty much moved on and was dating Bobby. I tried to convince her to give me another chance but she said she was over me, but I was far from being over her.

The past five years I've been doing nothing but missing her and it just got worse whenever I came to Atlanta since that's where we met. I would always hope that maybe she'd show up to one of my shows or be in the back of a meet n greet lines but she never was.

I've tried dating other women but they'd jut temporarily make me feel better. I still loved Princess, she was my one true love but I fucked it up.

"Have you tried reaching out to her?" He asked.

"I tried a couple months ago but she didn't respond."

"Maybe you should try talking to her friends? They could get you in contact with her."

"Nah, I think that's kind of weird." I shrugged and changed the subject before I saddened myself even more. "What's the move for tonight?"

"We're going to Gold Room."

"Bet, give me-"

My girlfriend Faith walked into the room and sat next to me before kissing my cheek.

Her and I had been together for a few months and she reminded me of Princess in all the best ways. Her ambition, how smart she was, her charismatic personality, how she loved to watch cartoons and of course, her looks.

I didn't love Faith but being around her kind of made the pain of missing Princess subside just a little bit 'cause it was almost like having her back but not quite

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Going to Gold Room. You coming?"

"I would but I gotta go catch my flight. I have a photoshoot in Turkey, remember?"

"Ooh yeah."

"I'll be back in a few days." She kissed me then stood up and grabbed her purse. "Bye baby.