Chapter 42

When Eric opened his eyes, I shouted for Jamie who was already outside the door with Reynard probably with ears pressed against the door. It swung open and she marched to the bed. Jamie looked over him, checking his vitals on the mission and staring into his eyes with a small light. 

'Eric?' she asked. 

'I'm fine,' he gasped, his eyes searching. When they landed on me, he whispered my name, grabbing my hand to squeeze it.

'Are you okay? Were you born rogue?'

'Yes,' I said, 

'And the Haven pack? What did they do?'

'They helped me, Maya and Vincent mainly. A spirit quest.'

Eric smiled. 

'And I'm guessing, if I'm awake then?' 

'Yeah.' I said, softly. 'I've chosen you.'

Eric tried to leap out of the bed, but he was still slightly weak.

'Easy?' Jamie said, placing her hands on his shoulders and trying to push him down onto the bed.

'Let me go. I want to go and show my new mate to the whole world.'

He kissed me, and I tried my best to kiss him back. I thought of Grayson, and I moaned which only made Eric more eager. 

'Ahem!' Reynard coughed.

'Shall we introduce you guys to the rest of the pack. We have so much to do. You guys have to mate and then mark and we'll need to get Lia in the pack officially,'

'I agree.'

Eric quickly changed and I was ushered out to the back yard so that I could tell everyone I was officially joining the pack. Reynard wrapped his arm around me, grinning.

'I'm so glad we can have you officially now,'

'You're my favourite recruit'

'Oh really,'

'Yes, and will i be putting you through your paces in the next training session,'

We reached the back door when someone appeared right in front of us. It was Nathan and he looked serious. 

'What is it?'

'I need to speak to Amalia and Grayson, privately.'

'But we were just about...'

'Reynard. It's an order,'

'Yes, Alpha,'

I followed Nathan upstairs, feeling sick. Had we been caught?

Grayson was already in the Alpha's office, but compared to me he looked cool and nonchalant, like he couldn't be bothered to be hanging around the Alpha's office. 

Nathan leaned against the desk and looked at us both acquistionally.

'You need to tell me everything'

I crumpled.

'Nathan, it's not....'

'Need to be more specific, Nate,' Grayson rolled his eyes. 'Or we could be here forever, if she starts talking about everything.'

I glared at him and Grayson glared back.

'Enough, I need you to tell me everything about the Haven pack.'

'They're......really nice.' I said. 

'Thats difficult to believe. How many are there? Where are they stationed? Do they have weapons? Advantages? Weaknesses?'