Chapter 39

Eric's POV

I was agitated. I couldn't believe that Grayson had dragged Amalia, a born rogue to a pack of some of this continent's most dangerous rogue supernaturals. They could be doing anything right now. Brainwashing her to submit. And what if she joined them. I would never see Amalia again.

We had to find them.

After the showdown with the council, we tried to pick up their trail but it was no use. Grayson wasn't stupid. He'd done everything to make tracking impossible. I would have congratulated him, if it wasn't making our  job more difficult. 

Then Nathan commanded us to return and I had no choice. We returned to the Daylight pack house. Nathan was already working on finding Amalia and Grayson.

'I've been in contact with Oliver Caine, and he's sent us everything that they have on the Daylight pack, which isn't much,'. Nathan pointed to a large cardboard box sitting on the desk.

'Well its a start and it looks big enough,' Reynard said, opening the box lid. He frowned and reached in to pick up, one single folder, that was about a quarter thick. Peering into the box, I realised that was all the contents inside of it. I glanced, with a puzzled expression at Nathan, who would send a folder in a massive box, did they not have an A4 parcel at hand?

'I think Oliver Caine and his people have a sense of humour,' sighed Nathan.

'This isn't funny,' I said snapping the folder from Reynard's hand and flicking through the pages.

There were profiles on confirmed members, suspected members and previous members, including....

Grayson.

'Grayson was part of the Haven pack, ' I growled. Nathan knew, he must have known.

'He wasn't fully a member, otherwise I would have never accepted him. He ran with them for a time, which would explain how he thought they could help.'

'What can they do for Amalia, that we can't?'

'Witness testimonies,' Nathan said, ignoring my question and nodding towards the folder in my hands. I flicked through until I found several hand-written and typed testimonies, signed and dated over the past few years. 

'I was found by the werewolf, Jeremy, who took me to his pack. They were camping in the mountains, south to where my pack lived. I explained that my pack had exiled me, because I was displaying 'rogue like behaviours'. They helped me. I don't know how. I just know they did. I stopped being so angry all the time. I was no longer anti-social. Maya trained me, while Vincent the witch taught me to increase my resistance to magic. He said that rogue werewolves were much more vulnerable to magic and I had to learn how to defend myself, both in mind and body. We travelled across the mountains, the pack were looking for something, but I can't remember. I wanted to go to my mother's old pack, see if i could get in there but I wasn't allowed to unless I...... I can't say anymore. This is wrong. Have you given me a truth serum? Goddamn it. I can't tell you anymore, you sons of........'

Several more witness testimonies followed the same pattern. Supernaturals talking about how the pack helped me, but not how, and giving no more details to locations, specific details. It was all very vague.

'Well at least they all lived after they left,' Reynard said, seeing it as a bonus. 'At least we know Amalia and Grayson aren't in any danger.'

'What because a commanded werewolf won't tell a Council trained interrogator what he wants to hear. I don't like it,' I spat, pacing up and down the office. 'That's why the Haven pack are dangerous, because they are incredibly skilled. They are a pack of different supernatural creatures who have banded together, training one another, sharing their knowledge and expertise. Then using that to help others but never allowing for their secrets to leave the pack,'