Chapter 29

The sun had barely risen in the sky when we were packed and ready to go. I dragged my suitcase out of the door as Nathan started directing orders to the group of werewolves that were standing outside.

'As you can see, we have six of ours away on business including the Beta. This means that we must pull our weight together and make sure that the pack continues to excel in all that we do. Derek, you have a minor in biology? Then go down to the clinic and help there for the time being. Donald will resume Reynard's training duties but he has requested two additional trainers to give Donald some leeway to complete his own duties. Jamie? JAMIE.'

Nathan jogged over to his one and only love as she carried two medical crates towards the car. Nathan grabbed one and helped her. Deciding to also put my stuff in the car, I walked to them as they spoke.

'I'm a werewolf. I can carry two boxes out of the house and into a car.' Jamie said, placing the crate into the back of the car and bunched her hands onto her hips.

'I know, but my mother always said that us male werewolves must always be well mannered towards other female werewolves.'

'Oh really, did she tell you to do that thing that you did last night with the...'

'Hello, virgin ears,' I interrupted, dumping my suitcase beside the crates.

'I will miss you. Seems a change, having you leave me here to go out on an adventure.' Nathan raised his eyebrows.

'Yeah babe, you worry your pretty little head over me while I go off to give medical supplies to a pack and eat Reynard's mum's coconut macaroons. We will be fine.' Jamie said, stroking Nathan's face. As Jamie and Nathan kissed and said goodbye, I remembered Eric and I's own kiss, touching my lips in remembrance.

'Boo.' Somebody yelled at my eat, causing me to jump up in the air in fright. I turned to find Reynard grinning and being the obvious culprit, I smacked him on the chest.

'If you keep this up for the rest of the trip. We will not make it there, do you understand?'

Reynard nodded, still smiling before throwing his own duffle bag into the back of the car. I watched him walk towards Donald, grabbing his shoulder and began talking. Feeling bored, I opened the car door and went in, getting myself comfortable. This was the first time in a while that I was on the move again except this time I did not have the luxury of travelling with people i liked and trusted and in a car. Most often, if I ever had the chance to travel in a car, it was from hitchhiking and I would spend most of the journey with my hand clenched around the spare keys to my childhood home in case i had to defend myself.

'I don't even get a proper hug and goodbye,' said Patrick, as he opened the car and door and leaned against it.

Smiling I said 'I figured that you have be too busy dancing around the house now that Reynard will be gone for a while.'

'That is true. However, things can change very quickly therefore I probably won't celebrate until you have at least crossed state lines.'