Chapter 14

Will be updating again later this week. I am moving house this weekend so I'm predicting that I probably won't be able to update till the next again weekend, date beginning the 21st September. Enjoy.

Chapter 14

(Amalia’s POV)

I walked back inside with a fast pace, attempting to regulate my breathing, with my heart trying to beat itself out of my chest.

I can’t believe that almost happened. That I almost let that happen.

My abductor. My werewolf. Almost kissing me.

I can’t get his eyes out of my head. They are forever imprinted. Clear blue washing away everything that I had ever known or believed or understood.

None of it mattered now.

Now I’m talking nonsense. I bang my head gently against the wall to get it all to stop. Why do I feel like we’ve broken down a wall? That the barriers around me have crumbled. Why? When did that happen?

I searched my memories for an answer when I realised I had stumbled across a room. An office, actually. A grey desk stood in the middle, complete with a laptop, telephone and some stationary. Behind, lining the walls, were bookshelves and filing cabinets. My previous dilemma was pushed to the back of my mind as curiosity overtook everything and my hands began searching through the drawers.

Nosiness is one of my worst traits. I can’t help myself, I am compulsed to go searching for answers, even when there are no answers that I need. Just the idea of finding an answer to some unknown question is enough to have me lurking through people’s property.

Like what I was doing, in Nathan’s office.

I could tell it was Nathan’s from the picture of Jamie, that sat lovingly at his desk. Her blonde hair surrounded her angelic face and her hazel eyes glistened in the sunlight. She was particularly beautiful and seemed sweet, but the bitterness of her recent betrayal was like acid to my mouth and for that I didn’t like her much.

She stole my chance to escape.

And now I was close to kissing a bad boy in the backyard of a house where I was being kept prisoner.

I was living in a house, filled with people of conflicting characteristics. They were keeping me prisoner, yet they were feeding me, clothing me, treating me with kindness and compassion that appeared to come from the heart but I wasn’t positive. The fact was why.

I know Eric said that it was to essentially become his wife and a mother to our children. But there had to be more. My brain always went back to the conversation between the women back in Arizona. There were werewolves, willing to be Eric’s, so then why me? I was a human, living over 1,000 miles away in a small town in Arizona. Why not pick a she-wolf who voluntarily comes to the strange gathering every year, wanting to be with him?

I plucked a random book from the shelf and sat down on the couch by the window, staring out. The landscape was beautiful. The trees were a luscious emerald green, with a clear blue sky that reminded me of Eric’s eyes. The same eyes that are now haunting me in broad daylight.

I can’t seem to escape it, Eric’s eyes, the wolf’s eyes. Amber haunts me at night, and blue haunts me by day. However, the amber eyes doesn’t scare and frustrate me as much. I trust the wolf. I frowned at that and looked down at the book I was holding and gasped.

Raptio: A Historical Insight Into The Abduction of Humans

What the f***? I didn’t even bothering to read who wrote it as I delved into the first page and began scan reading furiously throughout.

My jaw dropped lower and lower, my eyes widened further and further as I continued to read.

(Eric’s POV)

‘Asswipe,’ Seann scoffed as he drank a cup of coffee at the table, his black eye was quickly receding and would be gone by the next half hour. Still, I got him good.

The satisfaction I got from being able to do something right, only lasted five minutes, as I began to pace myself with thoughts of Lia.

She was getting to me big time. Well isn’t that what I wanted. Yes. But I also want to get to her. I want her to fall for me too, which is proving to be a difficult task.

Her green eyes, auburn hair and creamy honey skin was delicious, a worrying term coming from a werewolf, who many thought liked to eat humans, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

I was feeling the connection strengthen fast from my side, but from Lia’s it was achingly slow. I saw her vulnerability outside in the yard, she almost succumbed to me, almost. Didn’t she realise that if she just submitted to me, I would forever be hers. I would kneel before her and give her everything she could ever need.

‘Would you stop pacing? You’re giving me a headache.’

I scowled at Seann who glared back at me. Seann was only nineteen, the same age as Lia I duly noted. He moved in here when he was seventeen, deciding that he wanted to live in HQ (headquarters). His parents were Gammas, a doctor and a lawyer. However Mrs Riley was always on business with the her work at the human State Government so her prescence in the area was not felt often and Mr Riley worked with Jamie at the local hospital. Seann felt the pressure of having two ambitious and academic parents, and being a high school drop out decided to be who he truly was; an Omega and a good one at that. Reynard already had hopes that Seann would become a Delta in a few years time, and often toke him to train the younger werewolves.

I sat down at the table, drumming my fingers against the wood. I thought back to the conference where it all began. I was depressed, I couldn’t find my true mate and it devastated me. After god knows how long I wallowed in my room, Patrick ran and declared that my prescence was requested at a conference in San Francisco. With nearly everybody pushing me out the door, I grudgingly drove all the way. I went to the conference, I listened, I wrote down notes, then went to leave in a hurry, till I accidentally knocked down a pure old woman.

I’m so sorry, mam,’ I replied anxiously, helping her get up. She had long white hair, and a slight large nose but the rest of her face was wise and beautiful.

‘Do not worry son,’ she said in a gentle European accent.

‘Rachel, my dear, are you alright?’ An old man appeared, tall and still quietly burly but held his wife gently by the elbow, looking at her for answer, the worry enunciating his wrinkles.

‘I am quite alright. This sad man knocked into me by accident,’ she said, looking back at me.

‘I don’t care if he is sad, you will apologise for your insolence boy,’ the man roared, but was cut off by the woman hitting him on the chest.

‘He did apologise you schmuck,’ Rachel narrowed her eyes, the man succumbing to her stare.

‘I am sorry. You know how I get when someone is to cause harm to you,’ He said, looking sad.

‘I know, dear.’ Rachael sighed, placing her hand on his cheek, making them both smile so heartfelt, that a pain started in my chest and I excused myself to leave.

‘Why you sound in so much pain?’ asked Rachel.

I sighed but turned around, feeling that I owed this lady some answer.

‘I am in pain because I cannot find my true mate and to see you two so in love, reminds me of what I will never have. Good day.’ I went to leave before I felt a hand grab my arm and spin me around, revealing Rachel, beaming.

‘My dear, you are much mistaken. Let us tell you our story and it may just help you.’

‘ERIC.’ Somebody yelled, shocking me from my thoughts as I looked up to see Lia towering over me, her face contorted in anger and her green eyes blazing.

‘EXPLAIN THIS NOW.’

She slammed a book onto the table. I didn’t have to see it because I knew exactly what it was. It was the only book that would get Lia riled up, for it contained the truth.

So I prepared myself to speak.