Chapter 22

It is very unedited but here is Chapter 22.

Chapter 22

Amalia’s POV

Before I knew it, everyone changed into their wolf forms, apart from Patrick, who with the greatest of ease, swung me onto his back and began sprinting towards the woods. I looked back over my shoulder to see the rest bounding towards where the sound came from. Shock turned into fear as the sounds of monstrous growls increased.

‘Hold on tight,’ he said strongly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tightened my legs around his waist, as he flung himself forward and morphed into his wolf. His paws crashed to the ground and he shot forward and through the treeline.

The air whipped my face hard as Patrick dodged trees, upright and fallen. The howling and growling started to get louder and louder. They were nearing us.

Patrick went left, the sharp turn showing me the horrific beast that was now tailing us. It was wolf no doubt. But it was different. The millisecond glance told me more about this wolf’s life and mental state than everything the others could have ever told me. Scraggy, malnourished, but vicious and wild looking, this was a wolf that had only its pathetic life to lose and everything to gain. I was brought back from my thoughts by its ferocious snapping and clattering of its teeth.

Another wolf appeared in front of us. I screamed as its eyes, absent of any humanity glared at us. It snarled at us and shot forward, towards Patrick and I. Feeling that this was the end, I pressed my face harder into the fur of Patrick’s neck. Patrick picked up speed and slammed into the wolf, headfirst. It grunted. I looked up in horror to see its face right in mine, saliva drooling out of its mouth. Patrick blasted the wolf into a nearby tree where it whined in agony before slumping to the ground. I nearly vomited when I realised Patrick had pushed the wolf so hard that its bony ribs had pierced through its skin, broken and fractured.

The other wolf was getting closer and closer, not backing down, despite its fellow wolf just being tossed and killed like it was the easiest thing in the world.

Patrick continued onwards, not stopping, until he reached the borderline surrounding the house.

I looked back to see the wolf closing in on and us, its eyes glaring angrily and hungrily at me. I screamed when a wolf shot from outside of my line of sight and pounced on the bad wolf, clamping its jaw around its neck. The bad wolf howled in pain as the wolf shook vigorously until a loud snap was heard. At the sound, Patrick slowed down to a stop and turned around to see the hero.

The wolf was silvery grey, majestic looking, with blood covering its mouth and front paws. A series of scars crossed the right side of its face and drew down across its shoulder. Its grey eyes looked at us both in a mixture of concern, then relief, than glazed over in coldness.

Grayson.

The wolf transformed back into the cold and indifferent man that I knew. I blushed, closing my eyes at his nakedness as Patrick gave what I could only describe as a wolfy chuckle. Soon, Patrick also transformed back into his human self, wrapping his arms around my leg to keep me on his back.

‘Has the threat been neutralised?’ asked Patrick.

‘I’m not sure. Reynard, Conlan and Sean trailed off after the five that went towards the cabins and Ross and I followed the other three that went after you.

‘There were three after us.’ I gasped, my eyes squeezed shut.

‘Yes, bitch. That’s what I said.’

‘Easy Grayson. I had no idea there were three on our trail either. We just saw the one coming in from the right.’

‘Well typical wild rogues. They didn’t stand a chance.’