Chapter 35

Amalia POV

I was stuck in a sea of pain and numbness. I thought, this is what death is like, and then I was scared. I didn't want to die, and not die to a place like this. It was dark and all I could her was whispers of voices of people from my dead life. Jamie. Reynard. Milo. Maddy. Even Grayson was so close to my ear at one point. I kept holding on to his voice, because for some reason at that time, it meant something. 

Then I was pulled from the sea into a bright, searingly painful as more pain pierced my body. I heard a woman's scream but I couldn't make a sound, like my voice wasn't there anymore. Grayson's scarred face hovered over mine. It was covered in blood. 

'Listen to me, Amalia. You're changing but that's not what's important. I want you to think of a happy memory, anything and hold onto it. Don't let it go for anything or anyone. Just keep holding on to it.'

I couldn't speak back, to ask him what's going on. My head seemed to keep sliding downwards towards my body, as if my neck wasn't there, but Grayson kept my head still with his hands.

'Think of your happiest memory. Go, do it now.'

I thought of my mom and my dad, both dancing round the kitchen, with me, a 6 year old, standing on my dads feet. Sandwhiched between my parents as they waltzed, never having felt happier, as I giggled away. The sound of 'Fallin in Love with you' by Elvis Presley. 

Grayson was playing around with a drip, he was injecting blood into the bag which was already tinged red. The syringe he used, he then reinserted back into his own arm, drawing more of his blood.

The piercing pain throughout my body was intense, I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Slowly, I started to feel something in my throat. It was hot, itchy and tingling and spreading all the way down to my neck. Grayson turned around, syringe still in hand but smiling at me. 

'It's working. Your neck is healing, just one more.' Grayson was ready to insert the syringe in the bag when there was a commotion outside. Grayson stopped, then just as door opened, he was on top of me in a flash and had latched onto the nape of my neck with his teeth. 

I croaked out, my voice still unused, as I felt more pain at the bite he'd given me. Grayson was pulled off me and hurled across the room, crashing into some medical machinery. It was Alpha Milo.

'What has he done?'

'It's too late. She's turning. I saw her wake up,' the doctor said, pressing a stethoscope against my chest.

'Trauma to the neck, throat and legs is healing. Her heartbeat is getting stronger, but erratic. Once I give the all clear for her injuries, we need to move her to the caves as soon as possible.'

I was nearly hyperventilating. The caves, what did they mean?

Think happy thoughts, Grayson said. I tried to drown out everyone with Elvis Presley's voice and my own childish giggles, as I slowly started to slip away. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grayson's POV

Only out of respect to Alpha Milo, did I not tear into the bastard for pulling me by the scruff of the neck like a pup. Again, I was in the wrong, but still, that kind of treatment never sat well with me. 

I'd been dragged kicking by 4 werewolves to the caves, mainly to put on a bit of a show. A crazy werewolf, makes the story more believable. Nobody can know that saving Amalia was a colluded effort by the Daylight pack. They'll question me, I'll need to lie.