Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Amalia’s POV

I cried myself to sleep, thinking what exactly Erik had in store for me. Would my fate be death or a lifetime of complete and utter misery? I instantly thought of my father. When he died. I was sixteen and alone. I couldn't keep up with the payments so I had to sell my father's beloved cabin and I've been town hopping ever since. I'll see him soon I thought, and mother. I woke up to the sound of the boot opening. It was broad daylight and it hurt my eyes slightly. There stood Erik.

'Breakfast.' He said coldly, handing over a McDonalds bag and a cup of coffee. My stomach grumbled and I wasted no time in devouring the food and draining the coffee cup. Erik looked at me the whole time in awe.

'Never seen a girl eat.' I snapped.

'No. But not at the rate of a starved pig.' He smirked. I shot him a sour look while he took my rubbish and tossed it into a nearby bin. On further inspection, I realised we were in a car park.

'Don't even think about running off. I'll catch you. I always will.' He said sharpely.

'What do you want from me?' I whined, tears ready to leek out.

'That's a conversation for another time. For now, I need you to follow my instructions.' He said. 'Nate and I have a very important meeting and before you ask. Yeah they know about our situation so you can expect zero help from them. You will sit quietly in the living room with the people while we have our meeting upstairs. You will not be rude. You will not run away. And most importantly you will not embarrass me at the house. Is that understood?' He snarled, his eyes darkening.

'Very.' I said sarcastically, but hiding the fear that shot up my back.

‘Oh and change out of that uniform.’ He said, chucking my backpack at me. How the hell did he get this?

‘Obviously I cleared your room of all your belongings. Can’t have you disappearing into thin air, now that would look suspicious.’ He said, reading my mind.

I felt the little hope in me that maybe Sawyer or somebody from work would report me missing, die. I sighed and was ready to get changed when I saw that Erik hadn’t moved.

‘Em, can I have some privacy please?’ I asked sternly.

He appeared to think seriously about it.

‘No.’ He said coldly.

‘Excuse me? I’m not getting changed in front of you.’

‘Clock is ticking. Your testing my patience. Change now or I will do it for you.’ He tapped his wristwatch, furiously.

Agreeing with the former choice, I began to unbutton my pink shirt, revealing my beige bra. I swallowed back the fearful whimper as his eyes roved over my chest and stomach. Hastily, I pulled over a blank tank top and a brown jumper before slipping off my skirt and pulling on jeans. I was ready to stuff the uniform in the bag when Erik snatched it out of my hands, and after placing it in a black bin bag, chucked it into the trash.

He helped pull me out of the boot and kept a death grip on my hand, as we walked through a park and towards a house where Nate was waiting at the porch.

'Ready?' He asked. I rolled my eyes while Erik simply nodded. Nathan knocked on the door and in a few seconds, the door opened, revealing a small Native American woman.