Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Eric's POV

After tossing Amalia into the boot and driving away. We were on the highway, going towards home.

'We need to stop off just outside of Flagstaff. Harry there wants to speak with me since I'm close by.' Nate told me.

'We will do that.' I said calmly, despite the fact that my future mate was in the boot of my car, probably scared out of her wits. It had to be done I thought. One day, she may well laugh over this.

'Thinking of her already?' grinned Nate.

'Shut up.' I moaned.

'Oh man she's got to you, hasn't she. Let's hope she's not too pissed when you get her out the back.'

'Hmmm.'

I concentrated on the door till flashing blue and red lights appeared on my mirror. I looked more closely and saw a police car, signalling me to pull over.

'Shit.' I swore.

'Well pull over already,' Nate said, looking behind him at the cop car closing in on us.

'And explain the woman in the boot of the car.' I growled, feeling my hands grip the steering wheel. I can't lose her now. Not now. Not when I've only had her for barely an hour.

'Well then charm your way out of it,' Nate shrugged.

'How?' I glared at him.

'Well a serial killer did it. If he can. You can,' Nate smiled.

'You're comparing me to a serial killer.'

'Technically yes. He breaks bodies and you break hearts.'

'I haven't messed around in two years.'

'You mean you haven't got any in two years. How could I miss that?' Nate slapped his forehead.

'Because you were too wrapped up in your own mate. Everyone was.' I sighed, pulling over.

I put the brakes on and waited for the police man to get come towards us. He stalked towards us and he signalled with his hand to roll down the window. As I did so, his voice spoke.

'You know it's illegal to drive with a broken tail light?'

Broken tail light? Amalia, that little...

'John?'

'What? I asked Nate.

'John Vincent. Who would have thought we would crash into you in the middle of the night?' laughed Nate. I turned around to see our former pack member, John, who had left a few years back to live with his mate.

'Yeah it's been a while. Well since it's you guys, I'll let you off with a.....' John stopped when the screams of ‘Help Me’ started coming from the boot of the car.

'Care to explain?' John said, raising an eyebrow.

'Well since Eric doesn't have a mate, we have...'

'You resorted to the old ritual,' John nodded.

‘I was desperate.' I sighed.

He simply gave me a curt nod before a smile stretched upon his face.. 'Can I see her?'

'Why?'

'Oh come on, I want to see the face of the human that has captured the heart of Eric Anderson.' He beamed. 'Now pop open the boot.'

Reluctantly, I jumped out, inserting the key and pushing open the boot door. Amalia lay rolled up in a ball, relief washing over her face at the sight of John in his cop uniform before she began pointing wildly at me.

'Officer get him. He kidnapped me. Him and his friend.' She screeched frantically.

'Calm down mam, everything is under control.' He said in a calming tone. She relaxed a little, though still looking a little frantic and confused.

'She's a beauty Eric. Don't lose her.' John chuckled. Amalia's face turned into one of horror.

'He's in on it. Isn't he...he... OH MY GOD.' She suddenly bolted out of the boot and began running off the road and through the shrubland.

Oh no she doesn't. began pelting after her. She already had a head start but I caught up with her quickly, tackling her by the waist but turning around at the last moment so I landed on my back and she on my chest. Her hair fell onto my face and I breathed in the beautiful scent of her stawberry shampoo as well as her own natural arousing scent that I could only describe as being like summer rain. I felt her struggle against my grip, so I held her tighter. Then she began thumping my chest with her small dainty hands, making me laugh at her useless but rather cute attempt at escaping.

'You PSYCHO. YOU FUCKING PSYCHO. LET ME GO. I SWEAR I WON'T TELL ANYONE. JUST LET ME GO.' She cried, tears running down her cheek.

'I'm afraid I can never let you go Amalia. Don't you get it. You're mine and I'm never letting you go.' I said softly. She began wailing and thrashing around.

'NO. NO. NO. NO. NO,' She cried. I managed to get up during this time and throw her over my shoulder. I honestly didn't have the heart to put her back in the boot, but considering her little trick with the tail lights. I thought better of it. She'd probably end up trying to strangle me so I lost control of the car and crashed. As we got back to find John and Nate in deep conversation, I gently threw her into the boot and slammed it shut.

'She's a fighter.' John said. Nathan nodded. I snorted. Soon, she would lie on her back in submission, showing who exactly was the dominant one. I smiled at that. I smiled at how one day I would have a mate that I could love, and control and protect. I know that sounds wrong, but that is how us werewolves are built. We are possessive, territorial and dominating. An in control wolf is a happy wolf.

But she doesn't know that. Not yet anyway.

'Well. I need to get going. But I've been coaxing Maybel to come up to Montana for months and now I must definitely convince her. Just talking to you guys has reminded me of all the old times I've missed. It'll be good to see the rest of the pack.' He smiled his toothy grin.

'Same here. And do come John it's been too long.' Nate said, grabbing John into a bear hug before running off to the passenger side of the car. I shoke John's hand.

'See you soon.' I nodded.

'Take good care of her.' John gestured to the boot of the car.

'Oh, I will.'