Chapter 19

7,393 reads, 118 votes and 32 comments. Wow! Thank you so much for the support and sorry for the delay. Here is the belated chapter 19. Enjoy! 

Chapter 19

Amalia’s POV

I felt myself stir in my sleep, before my eyes opened. I was drenched. Sweat coated my skin and had soaked into my night clothes, seeping into the bed. I stumbled out of the bed, but couldn’t hold my weight and I fell into my dreams.

‘Daddy, where’s mommy?’ I asked, munching on sweet oatcakes that had a sweet cherry in the middle. I loved them. My dad peeked over at me from where he was standing by the stove, smiling sadly.

‘She’s in heaven.’

‘Why? Can she come and visit us?’ I said, frowning over the fact that all I could remember was a fuzzy face. The only things clear were her dark soft hair, smooth skin and her perfume - Lavender and Rose.

I blinked away the tears. I missed her. Why has she never visited us?

‘She can’t.’ My dad whispered, softly, turning to face me, his green eyes watery. Sniffing loudly, he toke out the last batch of sweet oatcakes, placing them on a cooling rack beside the others.

‘Right, that should be enough for the school bake sale,’ he nodded to himself. ‘Now why don’t you and I throw the football around for a bit before starting dinner?’

I yelled in happiness, the previous sad conversation forgotten as I jumped off the seat, grabbing my dad’s hand as we ran outside.

‘Is she okay?’ a voice asked. Reynard.

‘Yeah looks like she fainted,’ said Jamie.

‘She’s coming back,’ Reynard whispered.

‘Lia, can you hear me?’ Eric.

Opening the eyes, I saw Eric, Reynard and Jamie, all three hovering over me, concern written on their faces. I blinked away the tears, swallowing the dry lump in my throat.

‘Come on darling. Up you get.’ Eric slid an arm around my back and another behind my knees before lifting me up.

‘Did you go for a shower in your clothes?’ he asked.

‘No.’ I whispered.

‘Eric, she’s sweating, that’s one of the side effects.’ Jamie said wisely.

‘Are you f****** serious? Oh babe,’ he whimpered, burying his face into my neck.

I groaned in annoyance but didn’t have the energy to tell him to get his face away. His arms enveloped around my body, holding me tight to his.

I felt like my head was ready to explode. The pain was too much that I passed out.

*****

Eric’s POV

I walked impatiently, back and forth, from the chair to the window in Nate’s office. I growled in anger.

What have I done?

How could I be so stupid?

She wasn’t prepared. Hell, I just pounced on her without warning.

Nathan came striding in, locking the door. He glanced up at me and huffed in a deep breath.

He was ready to yell.

‘Eric, how could you be so damn stupid? Do you know what you’ve done?’ He seethed, anger coming out of every pore.