Chapter 37

Amalia's POV

I woke up hot and disorientated, with no idea where I was. The radio was on playing some country noise, to which I groaned at. I felt a slight electric shock on my hand. I looked down to see my hand was gripping a bed rail, which Grayson was also holding on, his thumb slightly stroking my hand. His grey eyes bore into mine.

'You're awake. Finally,' he rolled his eyes. I looked back at his hand, which he pulled away. 

'You were screaming. It kept you calm.'

'How are you feeling?' somebody called from behind my head. I screamed and spun my head around, but noticed I couldn't pull my entire body off the bed as I was strapped on to it. 

'Carl, what the fuck?' 

'Sorry. Don't mind my presence. I'm just the chauffeur.' Carl shrugged, pulling himself back to the driver's seat. 

'Amalia, turn around. Amalia, LOOK AT ME!' Grayson commanded, grabbing my chin and twisting my face round to his. He pressed his hand against my forehead, and then to the pulse point on my neck, his rough finger pads pressing deep. 

'You have a fever and your pulse is racing.' 

'Can't you hear my pulse as a werewolf?' I asked drowsily. 

'Can you hear mine?' 

'What?'

He sighed. 

'Amalia, what do you remember?'

I spun back to my last memory. We were visiting a Floridian pack. The black pack. No, the Blackwaters. I was trying to remember what happened next, the cafeteria, Maddy. Oh and Milo. They were both mates, and I was to get the bread rolls. But I didn't get the bread rolls. What happened?

The song 'Falling in love with you' burst into my head. It wouldn't go away. I was brought back to the memory of my parents and I dancing in the kitchen, but that made no sense. How could I be here, then back there, and then here again, but with no idea how I got here?

'How did I get into the van from when I was in the cafeteria, and I went to get bread rolls?' I asked. Grayson smiled, a massive beaming smile. 

'It worked. It fucking worked. Amalia, do you trust me?'

I thought about it. Grayson and his horrible attitude and his name calling. Not much so. However, also a Grayson who saved me from the rogues at the training session. Grayson who had helped Eric. Grayson who for seem reason, despite the fact I couldn't remember, was helping me now.

'I guess so, but where's Eric? I thought you two were together in LA?'

'Trust me. We need to go and see a friend of mine. I can't tell you why, but she's going to help us and once we get there, you will know and understand everything. Okay? I promise you.'

'And.... is it Carl? What's he doing?'

'Chauffering.' Carl said. 

'I'll remember when we get there.' I asked Grayson.

He nodded and took a bottle of water out of a backpack. Thinking he was going to unstrap me and give me the water to drink, he placed it instead at my lips, his hand supporting the back of my neck. When I'd finished, I coughed.

'Why am I still strapped?'

'You said you'd trust me,' Grayson said, but not accusationally, which was something I would have expected from him. 

'Yes, I do. I just don't like being tied down.'

'I know,' Grayson agreed. 'It's not my favourite thing to do either.'