Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The terror was slowly growing larger as Eric dragged me towards the front door. My pulse quickened and I could feel it in my ear drums as it thumped relentlessly.

‘Eh guys, it’s only 2 in the afternoon so I’m going to go to town and see Jamie,’ his awkwardness at the beginning of the sentence was soon quenched by the beaming smile as he mentioned Jamie. If I was Eric’s mate, like Jamie was Nathan’s, then why did I feel more so like a prisoner?

Because you were kidnapped, duh!!!!

But, maybe, and only just maybe, if Eric looked at me like the way Nathan does when he mentions Jamie’s name, then I think I would be a little more agreeable with the whole situation.

But that’s a big maybe. Nothing is certain. I couldn’t be certain that I’d eventually fall for him. I couldn’t be certain that Eric only had honourable intentions towards me. And I couldn’t be certain that I’d like the life that lay behind those doors.

However, I had a niggling doubt that I wouldn’t.

I mean, who wants to be plucked from their normal life and thrust into another  of werewolves, puppies, and gulp… marriage, aka slavery. I wasn’t stupid enough to not already know that Eric seemed a traditionalist, at least in the werewolf ways, or whatever they are.

I was brought back to the present by the sound of a car door closing. I glanced up to watch Nathan drive away down the dirt road, leaving me and Eric entirely alone, as fear began to bubble in my chest. Eric thumbled around with some keys, as he turned to look at me, his eyes boring into mine. After a few seconds, he sighed, his shoulders sagging.

‘Please, for the love of nature, behave,’ he said, exasperated, cupping my cheek with his hand. I smacked it away.

‘I am not a child,’ I bit out, furiously.

Eric smirked, running his fingers up and down my arm which was tingling, making me frustrated. I placed my hands on his chest to move him away, but all he did was grab them and pull me closer, to the point where my soft breasts were pressed up against his hard chest.

I could feel a rumbling in Eric’s chest. His eyes were closed for several seconds, and he toke in a huge sniff. His eyes shot open, and luminious amber replaced his blue.

‘You have no idea how much I want to ravish you?’ He groaned gruffly. I froze at his words.

‘Are you… going to eat me?’ I whispered, fearing that my first thought was true. That I had been kidnapped by flesh eating monsters.

He groaned again, and I could feel his eyes scanning every part of me, almost like he was trying to imprint my entire being into his mind.

‘Not like the Big Bad Wolf in the fairytale, but I will absolutely enjoy devouring you till you scream my name and dig your finger nails into my back.’

I gasped in shock, as the image of Eric between my legs got my motor running, in ways that I didn’t want it to.

Why did that sentence turn me on?

He’s my kidnapper. I’m his victim. This isn’t a situation for sexual relations to blossom. IDIOT!!

‘We better get inside. I want to introduce you to everybody. We can finish this later,’ he said and smacked me sharply on the butt causing me to squeal but at least snap me out from my perverted thoughts.

And I was too dazed to make any smart comeback.

He turned the lock and pushed open the door, indicating for me to go in. Holding in a shaky breath, I stepped over the threshold and into my new hellhole.