Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Amalia’s POV

I woke up on the bed with Erik's arm wrapped around me and his face nuzzled into the back of my head breathing softly. How did I end up here? Crap. I checked downstairs to see that I still had my pants and skirt on and there was nothing unusual. I sighed and tried to crawl out of Erik's grip, which only caused him to hold me tighter. I slapped him on the chest.

'Erik, wake up and let me go.' I yelled. He opened his eyes and looked at me before closing them.

'Nah I like it. And this way I can make sure you don't run off again.' He yawned.

'Bastard.' I mumbled, feeling him smile against my neck.

'Just relax. We'll get up soon.' His breath sending tingles down my spine. A knock on the door, caused Erik to groan. He jumped up and stormed towards the door, unlocking and opening it. Nathan stood fully dressed at the door.

'We leave in 30. A pack of rogues is apparently closing in on this territory. The Evergreen pack are preparing for battle. We need to leave unless we want to get caught in the crossfire.'

'We'll be out in five.' Erik said, slamming the door shut and then pulling the covers off me.

'Get dressed. We're leaving.'

'Yeah I heard.' I said, jumping off and brushing myself off, then making the bed. Erik pulled on his clothes and grabbed his keys and wallet off the table.

'Let's go.'

We all ran out to the car. I sat in the back, while Nathan took over the driving. Erik opened the side door and jumped in beside me.

'Em why aren't you in the front.' I said.

'Em because you need someone to protect you. We're going to be driving through a warzone.'

'There's going to be a war on the highway?' I asked sarcastically.

'No but they'll smell us and might go after us. I've warned the evergreen alpha that we're crossing the bridge and that i'll send a message when we've left the territory.' said Nathan, as he buckled himself in.

We began driving, faster than usual as we sped across the highway. It was unusually quiet till I realised that it was 5 in the morning.

'If it's going to be this quiet, they could attack us.' I whispered to Erik.

'Wow look at this little human war strategist.' He sneered.

'My father was ex-millitary.' I said coldly.

'Whatever.'

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire ride till we crossed the state line. Erik raised the phone to his ear and began talking.

'Yeah we've left the terriotry. Nope no sign of any rogues. Yes. Well Good Luck. You know our number.' Erik ended the call, sighing.

'This happen alot.' I asked.

'Battles?'

'Yes.'

'Not always. We've adopted a more democratic system. Warring packs are rare now, but you still get the rogues every now and then.' He said, staring out the window.

'The women back at the house. They said you were the most skilled fighting pack in the whole country.'

'That we are.' Nathan beamed, proudly. I looked at Erik who simply nodded.

'What's going to happen to me? Be honest.' I said quietly. Erik looked me intently, before sighing.

'I've chosen you to become my mate. My wife. My lover. My best friend. The one to stand by my side till the day we die. There's nothing you can do to change it. It's final and there's no point fighting it.'