Chapter 32

Hello, so sorry for the long wait. I had wanted to get this finished by the end of the summer and have an essay plan and chapter drafts all ready, but just like people's bones and hearts, computers break and I had to get it fixed.

Stay tuned for more and see you at the end.

Eric POV

With only thoughts of Lia and getting the fuck out of here, I reloaded my gun closely followed by Grayson who had quickly barricaded the door.

'It won't hold them for much longer, we better move fast.'

We both sprinted down the black and dingy corridor, illuminated by a dull yellow light. The ferocious screaming and growling from behind the door was growing closer and was now accompanied by the sound of the door being kicked down.

Dashing around the corner, there was another long corridor that ended in darkness. Using my advanced eyesight, i zeroed in on the rusty ladders attached to the wall.

'Exit. 80 metres ahead.' I barked. Pushing ourselves, my own calves burning, not with the exhaustion but the adrenaline, we moved towards the ladders.

I let Grayson go first as I kept my gun pointing to the end of the corridor waiting for them.

The door flew with a clattering bang and the howling and yelling got louder and nearer.

As the first hunter turned round the corner, twisted and deformed, I shot.

Its face blasted off. Second. Third. Fourth. But more kept coming.

'Get up. I'll cover you.' Grayson yelled, as he hung upside down from the sewer entrance, his gun spraying bullets. Without hesitation, I heaved myself up the ladders and out into the LA air, which I would never complain as being dirty ever again.

I turned towards Grayson, getting ready to sprint for it when he snatched a grenade from out of jacket pocket, pulled the safety pin out with his teeth and tossed it down the sewer hole.

'Fire in the hole.'

'Grayson, what the fuck...'

BOOM. Screams of pain and bits of flesh spat out of the hole, as Grayson tackled me to the ground out of the way of the blast. Standing up, slightly shaken at Grayson's crazed tactics, we both sprinted off into the darkness of the alleyways.

Ten minutes, we had walked, along through dark alleyways. Now we had to join the habitats of this famous but dangerous city.

'Now, we've calmed down. You want to tell me what all that was about?'

'What do you mean? You want to talk about the satan-fucking horror road shows that we just escaped from? The ones who are still trying to shoot up our asses?'

'Cut the shit talk. I want to know for what reason, you feel its necessary to engage in warfare in downtown LA. You want the city's finest PD to be hunting us down too?'

'Jesus Christ, Eric,' snapped Grayson, grabbing me sharply by the collar and pulling me into the grafittied doorway of an apartment complex. I snatched his hand and released his grip from my shirt with a menacing force.

'Remove your hands from me. Remember, I am still your beta.' I growled, my eyes turning amber. I may be in Grayson's territory right now, but there was no need for him to treat me like an annoying, pathetic pup. He slowly released his grip, realising slowly that he had pushed too far.

'Now. I ask, not to insult, but to understand why? You're not an idiot, you wouldn't create such a bang unless you thought it was necessary. So what is it?'