Part 52

Danish thought for a moment, “So you are electing to stay here in this time, using the assets you have, not from the future but from the fantasy universe, to buy up land and factories on the rim worlds and to create one clone to run things.” He thought again. “What will you do when the clone is fully grown and able to be in charge?”

  “I’ll go back to my time,” chirped Arthur 2.

  “Our biggest concern was the clone army,” said Danish.

  “Workforce,” chimed Arthur 1 and 2 together.

  “Workforce,” said Danish. “As long as you don’t create an army/workforce of clones, and you are not abusive or oppressive in creating your chocolate empire, then I will let one of you stay. Now which is it to be?”

  “I think it should be you,” said Arthur 2.

  “Why me,” puzzled Arthur 1.

  “Because you are already here, while I have returned to the future,” said Arthur 2.

  “And what difference does that make?” asked Arthur 1.

  “I think it means I will stop existing when the paradox pill wears off, isn’t that right Danish?”

  “Yes that is right, I shouldn’t have really given you a choice, that was unfair of me.”

  “If we ever wait for our pills to wear off and stand next to each other we may turn into a two headed Arthur,” chuckled Arthur 2.

  “Two heads are better than one,” grinned Arthur 1.

  “Twice the laughs,” guffawed Arthur 2.

  “Maybe I’ll put a bullet in both of them,” threatened Danish, “to stop the universe from exploding, two dead heads are better than one exploding universe.”

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf