Part 48

The Central Interdimensional Police Headquarters was a giant circular space station; its nickname was Xanadu. In the centre of it, only to be accessed by seven walkways, was the time hub exactly intersecting with a time singularity. Through this singularity all time in each of the seven dimensions could be accessed and viewed to see if any paradoxes appeared in any of the timelines.

  Arthur was taken to the science fiction section, to an office of the chief detective Stark Danish.

  “Now then King Arthur, we want to discuss your violations of the timeline with a stolen police I.W.T.”

  Arthur looked down.

  “First of all where did you get the I.W.T?”

  “We were lent some by Lee’s brother-in-law, who used to be in the fantasy police, to follow Lord D’ark here from the fantasy section. He is a vile despot who has already changed the timeline of this universe.”

  “Right,” said Danish, “what about the buying up of factories and plantations on the rim worlds?”

  “Well, if D’ark had not bought up factories and land and imported chocolate beans from the fantasy universe twenty years ago, none of this would be happening now!” shouted Arthur.

  “Now we come to the most serious charge, that of the creation of a clone army.”

  “Clone workforce.”

  “No, clone army.”

  “It is supposed to be a clone workforce, to work in the factories.”

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

Or Amazon.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf