Part 2

CHAPTER ONE

The small fighter veered in and out of the meteor field, laser cannon blasts hitting and rocking the ship and its defences. 

  “I cannae keep her straight captain,” said the dwarf.

  “Do your best laddie,” said the captain, “we’ve only got to get to the rebel held meteor and we’ll be safe.”

  “Safe,” chided the princess, “we’ve only got half of the Dark Lord’s fleet breathing down our necks and we’re low on fuel.”

  “Stop nagging dear, we’re going to make it.”

  The craft dodged a few more meteors. A dark pursuit vehicle came alongside them.

  A Vulcan look alike blurted, “Shields completely down, Captain.”

  Another crash.

  “The engine link’s been hit,” said the dwarf.

  Stopping, they came to a slow halt and drifted gracefully for a few more miles. The rebel meteor loomed ahead but the craft just sat there like a sitting duck.

  Gathering about like flies the dark craft started for the kill.

  “Quick, compliment the Author,” suggested the captain.

  They all fell over themselves trying to out compliment the Author. Suddenly many beams of light shone out of the rebel held meteor, blinding all but the rebel crew.

  “Use emergency thrusters,” the Captain ordered in his typically upper class battle chieftain’s accent.

  The dwarf complied and the small ship started off towards the meteor again. Sun shields came down on the dark fighters and they began to move again.

  “The thrusters aren’t getting us there quickly enough, Captain,” said the dwarf.

  “Hope and pray, now,” said the Captain.  So they all started to hope and pray.