Part 34

“I’m sure he would like that,” quipped Trelainne, “visiting pirates!”

  “And who be this?” asked Shillane.

  “This be… er, my wife,” said Alf.

  “‘Tis a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” said the captain as he bowed before her and kissed her hand.

  Trelainne covered her lips with her napkin and tittered.

  “Ahh what a pity your beauty is taken by a much needed ally or I would have you for myself,”

  Trelainne looked around in embarrassment.

  “Now what about you fish face?” The captain remarked to Lelu.

  “What do you mean?” She replied.

  “You, your lips are incredibly large.”

  “Oh, I see, well this is just part of my disguise, to get into the Dark Lord’s employ. I have had a collagen injection to make my lips look bigger.”

  “I think she looks like a rubber-lipped cow now,” whispered Sid to Alf.

  “Well m’dear, I shall have to wait ‘til it wears off to see if you are a beauty, and not a fallacious fish.”

  Just then Trelainne received a communications call. “Hello?”

  “Hello Trelainne,” said Arthur, “we are on the way back now.”

  “We have someone here who wants to meet you.”

  “Who is it?”

  “Guess.”

  “My mother-in-law?”

  “No.”

  “The Dark Lord?”

  “Noooooo!”

  “Am I close?”

  “A cross between the Dark Lord and your mother-in-law, now let me see…”

  “Oh, I give up.”

  “His name is captain Shillane, the master of a pirate vessel that has captured us.”

  “What!!??”

  “Now don’t you worry, it turns out that he also hates the Dark Lord and wishes to have an alliance with us.”

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf