Part 53

"Ok then, I'll do it," said Arthur 1, "but how do I get back to my time?"

"I will leave you with a time beacon with co-ordinates set for 10 minutes after you left," explained Danish.

"The first time or the second time?" inquired Arthur 2.

"The second time," groaned Danish.

"Ok," said Arthur 2, "what do I do now then?"

"You come back with me to the time hub, when your paradox pill wears off then you stop existing," pronounced Danish.

"If I were to keep on taking paradox pills, could I continue to exist?" asked Arthur 2.

"Yes," replied Danish, "but that is another infraction of the time rules. There are some who have flouted those rules leading to dire consequences."

"What kind of dire consequences?" inquired Arthur 2.

"Why do you want to know?" questioned Danish.

"Just in case I was tempted to do it," remarked Arthur 2.

"Like you do," putted in Arthur 1.

"Well, first of all, paradox pills can only keep the timeline from collapsing for short periods of time."

"How short?" queried Arthur 2.

"About a day," replied Danish, "and one must be taken for each time a paradox could be caused by a multiple entity."

"Multiple entity?" quizzed Arthur 1.

"I.e. for each Arthur that turns up," explained Danish. "If you take too many, one after the other, you become unstable."

"Mentally unstable?" asked Arthur 2.

"No, physically unstable, your molecules start to drift apart until eventually you disappear."

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

Or Amazon.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf