Part 19

CHAPTER THREE

The main chocolate processing room was gigantic, about two miles long and a mile wide. It was rudimentary. The floor comprised of flagstones, which was not ideal for trolleys or wheeled vehicles. There were at least five hundred chocolate urns evenly spaced about the room, all decanting chocolate. Through the middle of the room was a giant belt with pallets full of chocolate beans, milk and sugar, waiting to be pressed. Around the edge were collection points where the urns were emptied into giant machines to be processed into different forms of chocolate merchandise. The flagstones didn’t matter too much though because most things didn’t have wheels such as the hover jacks, hover trucks and hover forklifts. There must have been at least five hundred goblins working there with about one hundred of other races.

  Sid entered through the staff door next to the giant main doors, following a personnel robot.

  “This is your section,” croaked the robot.

  “Thanks,” thanked Sid.

  The robot led Sid up to a battle-scarred goblin.

  “This is your supervisor Chief Bolg.”

  The chief supervisor of chocolate process had been wounded and had his left eye missing. He had a large scar, and his eye had been replaced with an ocular implant. He had a gruff manner. “Who are you then?”

  “My name is Sid.”

  He sniffed the air a bit, “You smell like a dwarf to me?”

  “I er, am a Loompa Oompa, they must have similar genes,” replied Sid.