Part 84

The rest of the fleet arrived comprising of mostly single pilot fighter craft with a few ten-man battle cruisers. The first wave of fighters immediately flew towards the space station firing their guns. The five security robots did their job and began firing back. Mother took charge of the torpedo tubes. More ablative armour fell off leaving the thick plating the station was made of protruding through. One, two, three, four of the enemy ships were hit and either exploded or came to a halt as their engines were damaged. Tortion rounds firing from the robot controlled guns streamed out of the space stations defences.

  “Bring up the battle cruisers,” said the commander of D’ark’s forces. 

  The much more heavily gunned space cruisers manoeuvred towards the front line.  Another ten goblin fighters either exploded or became sitting ducks.

  Mother fired four quantum torpedoes from the top the space station towards two of the cruisers. They sent chaff out to try and confuse the torpedoes; two of them hit each of the cruisers and exploded. One was heavily damaged and the crew evacuated in two life pods. The other had one of its forward facing guns damaged irreparably, as well as losing two crewmembers. Another of the cruisers made for one of the space stations damaged docking bays. It docked and twenty goblin marines boarded the space station. Chocolate bars, bits of furniture and advertising props were floating about in the air as they entered because the gravity compensator for this segment of the space station had been hit.

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf