Part 76

“I am sorry I do not get the joke,” said the android receptionist. “All androids who work at Robochoc enterprises have been…”

  “…programmed without a sense of humour,” chimed the others and they all laughed. The android cocked her head and looked at them.

  They sat in an anteroom and began to watch a holo film of Art’s origins. “One stormy night in AD 350 a new heir was born to the house of Uther Pendragon. The child was taken by Merlin the bishop to the house of one of his friends…”

  “Hey, isn’t this how you started off?” asked Arianne.

  “With an embellishment or six,” huffed Arthur.

  The film continued, “He was raised by Sir Ector and his wife. They gave him a normal upbringing until he went one day with his adoptive father to see the sword in the stone.”

  “That’s by Disney, isn’t it?” whispered Sid.

  “The people of the land came together once a year to fight a tournament to see who was worthy to try to remove the sword from the stone. The young Arthur had forgotten his father’s sword and saw the one in the stone. He removed it and became king.”

  “Sounds like the plot to the film Excalibur to me,” whispered Biggs.

  “Shhh,” shushed Arianne.

  The film continued. “Then one day Arthur came up with the idea to create a milk chocolate company with money from his Arthurian treasure. He bought a factory on Fatooine and one on Rixymixiritarsis as well as chocolate bean plantations.

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf