Part 79

"Tell Arthur that he gave me one good thing when I was cloned, a business head," retorted Art.

"Is that a bionic addition then, I should have guessed, a bionic head would have had more compassion," quipped Arthur.

"Now now then," calmed With, "we are all Godly men and women here, surely we can get along in peace, or surely the Dark Lord has won by default and all our efforts are but in vain?"

Art and Arthur looked ashamed at each other.

Arthur was the first to speak, "I am sorry Art, I did not do more to help you acclimatise to your new life."

Art looked at Arthur and to the floor again, "So am I," he said.

Arthur went over to Art and hugged him, "forgive me." They both wept.

"Big babbies," quipped Sid.

After a few hours of catching up, Arthur got round to the business of discussing their plans to introduce milk chocolate onto four of the Dark Lord's worlds.

"I think there may be a problem," said Arthur, "Lord D'ark has the chocolate market sewn up on his eleven worlds. He also has the ear of those governments. How can we compete if we cannot sell our goods on those worlds?"

"I have thought of that," said Art, "I have produced factory space ships and retail platform kiosks to trade just outside the jurisdiction of the planets. As people are on interplanetary or interstellar shopping trips they can stop off at my space station kiosks and buy the new milk chocolate bars.

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

Or Amazon.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf