Part 67

“Getting on quite well,” remarked Arthur, “we’ve been chased, paradoxed, arrested and now I am going to stop existing.”

  “I meant I am enjoying the story and your adventures.”

  “Well I’m not,” grumped Arthur.

  “I could make the vent bigger?” I suggested.

  “No.”

  “I could drop you in another I.W.T.?”

  “No.”

  “I could…”

  Just then there was a knock on the door, “Who are you talking to in there?” asked the police watchman.

  “Oh nobody,” said Arthur.

  The watchman sat back down.

  “I could just stay here and not open the door,” declared Arthur.

  “You could last three days at the most, and after about an hour they would break the door down.”

  “Maybe I should just stop existing. I am going to do that any way,” moaned a dejected Arthur.

  “I have a story line I want you to be part of,” I said.

  “Ooh tell me!”

  “No, that would mar the reader’s enjoyment.”

  “I have an idea,” exclaimed Arthur. He switched the light off, unlocked the door quietly then moaned and hid behind the door. The police watchman heard this and tried the door. He looked inside and saw that the light was off and assumed that Arthur had disappeared.

  After a while he peeped out of the door and found that there was no one in the waiting area. He sneaked out and into the main corridor. There was a sign saying men’s locker room. He walked in, saw a maintenance jacket hanging on a peg and put it on.

You can buy The Sitting Duck on the Kindle from Amazon.com    http://tinyurl.com/6mxpldv

 Or Amazon.co.uk   http://tinyurl.com/7mu3znf