Chapter Twenty-Eight: Breakfast With The Foremans

Ashlyn

My vision was blurry when I peeked up at the thin strip of light streaming through the curtains. When I shifted, I realized I wasn't in the same spot I had been when I fell asleep. I was covered up, laying on the bed, and my head was on a pillow. Said pillow was breathing. I tilted my head back to peer up and smiled slightly at Kyle's sleeping face.

"Ashlyn...? Are you awake?" A soft voice whispered and I glanced up. Anna was peeking at me from the underneath the blanket covering her and Jet. He was still asleep and his head was tilted back.

"Yeah, I just woke up," I whispered just as softly and wiggled closer to Kyle, stretching up to nuzzle his neck. His arm tightened around my waist as he shifted and rested his chin on my head. I heard a rustle and light footsteps. Assuming it was just Anna getting up, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The click made them snap open again. I twisted around and sat up just in time to see a head of strawberry blonde hair duck out of the room.

"Ashlyn...?" Kyle rumbled sleepily and my heart skipped a beat at the sound of his husky morning voice.

"Yeah?" I meeped as I looked down at him. My face heated up as he stretched and his tank top lifted to show off his toned stomach. Oh dear god save me-

"Morning," he smiled lazily as he sat up, resting back on his hands. I kissed him instantly, face bright pink at this point.

"Morning..." I whispered. Kyle chuckled and kissed me softly.

"You alright?" He smiled and I nodded.

"She's fine, just getting used to the sight of morning you. Though I don't understand why, your bedhead isn't that attractive," Jet yawned as he stretched.

"Well he's not your mate so I'd hope you don't find morning Kyle as attractive as I do," I snorted and curled up on Kyle's lap. Kyle was grinning when he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry Ashlyn, he's all yours," Jet chuckled and stretched again as he left the room.

"Perfect," I grinned and straddled Kyle's lap before pressing my lips back to his. Kyle leaned forward into me and gently gripped my hips, thumb rubbing circles over my stomach. Shivers ran up my spine as his mouth left mine and trailed up my jaw then down my neck.

"Did... I miss something... While I was out?" He mumbled and I bit my lip when Kyle nipped my collarbone.

"No, just your morning self is very enticing..." I teased and dropped my head back when Kyle growled against my neck.

"You need to spend the night more often then..." I clapped a hand over my mouth when Kyle returned the favor of bite marks on necks and melted against him.

"Knock knock, you guys awake?" Gasten called from the other side of the cracked open door. Kyle squeezed my hips then pulled his head away from my neck and looked at the door.

"Yeah, we're heading down now!" He called and I smiled mischievously, dipping my head to kiss his neck. He growled softly in return.

"Well double time it, breakfast is almost ready and we can only keep Henry downstairs for so long," Gasten chuckled and his footsteps retreated down the hall. Kyle suddenly exploded beneath me and pushed me on my back, mouth on mine before I could make a sound.

"You're pushing your luck, Love," Kyle whispered, tugging on my lip with his teeth. Something wild stirred in my chest and I growled.

"I like toeing the line," I whispered and kissed him full on, nails digging into his shoulders as his hips brushed against mine.