Chapter Thirteen: Haha... Whoops?

Kyle

I tapped my foot as I leaned against the wall by the Art Room door, scanning the bustling hallway carefully. My eyes snapped to my left when I felt someone grasp my arm. My chest fluttered in hopes it was who I was looking for, but that hope came crashing down when I saw a certain auburn haired female.

"Hello Hailey," I said distractedly as I pulled my arm away, going back to searching the halls for a familiar flaming orange haired girl.

"Whatcha lookin for?" She asked. I ignored her as a grin spread across my face, my eyes landing on that beautiful girl with the lapis eyes that owned my soul. I pushed off the wall and went over to Ashlyn, taking her hand unawarely.

"Where have you been, class is starting soon!" I scolded slightly, mainly just happy to see her. She rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away.

"I was at the library you doofus," she snorted, walking into the art room, sending a small glare in a fuming Hailey's way. I followed Ashlyn without hesitation, smiling as I heard that familiar annoyed sigh. Ashlyn sat at an empty table and I took a seat next to her. I noticed her slight annoyance when the table quickly filled up, a lot of people talking at me and Ashlyn, both of us getting quite a few questions.

"Are you two dating?"

"When did you get together?"

"You guys are adorable!"

With each question, Ashlyn got more tensed and annoyed looking, obviously not liking all the attention. I looked over sharply as Ashlyn drew in a sharp breath, narrowing my eyes when I saw a guy with brown hair and emerald green eyes sitting very close to Ashlyn.

"Back off!" I barked, grabbing Ashlyn's hips and pulling her onto my lap, my arms wrapping around her waist as I glared at the Senior. I ignored her struggling and angry protests, my grip remaining steel.

"Calm down Foreman, I was just talking with the cutie," he chuckled, winking at Ashlyn. My chest pulsed with the vibrations off my low growl, my wolf pushing to come out, wanting to tear this guy to shreads.

"Well don't!" I snarled, glaring as bared my teeth slightly. Ashlyn had given up and was leaning back against my chest, her arms crossed angrily. The male chuckled, shaking his head as he started talking with a few others at the table. Ashlyn looked over her shoulder at me, glaring angrily.

"You're not letting go, huh?" She grumbled. I shook my head. "Fine. But we'll be discussing this," she snapped, facing the table and reaching down for her satchel. I rested my chin on her shoulder as she set her bag next to her, grabbing out a thick book and a notebook. I closed my eyes contently, smiling as she shifted and started scribbling down notes. I opened my eyes when Ashlyn tensed, pouting when she dug her heel into my shin.

"Do you mind?" She snapped. I then realized I'd been tracing circles on her stomach through her shirt.

"Sorry..." I whispered in her ear, nuzzling her neck apologetically. Ashlyn growled.

"Stop." She snapped. I did as she said, sitting so my head wasn't on her shoulder and my arms were around her but my hands weren't making contact with her. I felt bad for upsetting her, but I wasn't going to allow her near that male. I read over her shoulder, lifting an eyebrow.

"Werewolves?" I asked curiously. What was the reason for her sudden interest? Ashlyn nodded as she wrote down some more notes.

"Why are you interested?" I asked. Ashlyn shrugged a bit.

"Not really sure, just curious," she replied, flipping the page to the beginning of a chapter titled "Mates". She scanned the page then narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're just like a damn male werewolf," she grumbled. Oh, if only she knew...

"Ashlyn, I'm sorry... I don't mean to upset you..." I apologized quietly. She turned so she was sitting with her shoulder to my chest.

"It's fine Kyle, I understand there's quite a bit going on behind the scenes that I don't know about yet, but... You have to remember I'm my own person who can take care of herself." Ashlyn said firmly.

"I know, I'm sorry..." I mumbled. Ashlyn snorted.

"Then why do you keep flipping out every time a guy speaks to me?" She laughed.

"Haha... Whoops?" I laughed awkwardly. She shook her head ruffled my hair.

"Dork..." She mumbled as she returned to sitting with her back to my chest. I wrapped my arms around her tightly, holding my breath as I rested my chin on her shoulder. I was afraid she'd be mad, but she just pressed back against me, giving me a silent ok. I grinned widely, nuzzling her neck happily. I felt her body relaxed and could've swore I heard her giggle.

I dozed off and was woken about twenty minutes later to gentle poking in my side. I squeezed Ashlyn's waist as I yawned.

"Yes?" I asked as I blinked to clear my vision. Ashlyn was biting her lip as she laughed slightly.

"Nothing, just thought I should wake you up because there's only five minutes left," she smiled, patting my head before putting away her book and notebook. I groaned and hid my face in her neck.

"But I'm comfortable!" I whined. Ashlyn groaned and tried to squirm away. I sighed and let go, letting her slide off my lap.

"Finally!" She hissed, stretching her arms over her head. I smiled, picking up my bag as the bell rang. I slipped my arm around Ashlyn's waist as I led her out of the classroom. She shoved my shoulder, pushing me away as she stuck her tongue out.

"Watch it Foreman!" She glared playfully, but I knew she also meant it. She was reminding me I needed to remember my boundaries, but my wolf wanted to be close. I smiled in response.

"OK, OK, I will," I chuckled, following her into math.

~~~
Welp, I hope you guys enjoyed! The song is one of my favorites so I added it in. The name is Rumors by Jake Miller. See you peeps next time!

WolfGirl out~! ✌🐺