Chapter Twenty-Four: Kyle's Family

Ashlyn

I smiled widely as I played with Kyle's right hand as he drove, humming along to the radio as I traced the lines in his palm and toyed with his fingers.

"You seem quite happy, did I miss something?" My boyfriend, my mate, teased as he glanced over at me in amusement. My smile somehow widened as I looked up into those beautiful eyes of his.

"I am happy," I said as I leaned over and kissed the corner of his mouth, not wanting to distract Kyle while he drove. His head turned towards me, his lips seeking out mine and I leaned back, snickering as he scowled.

"Don't make me pull over, Ashlyn," Kyle warned with a playful growl and flash of teeth. I clicked my tongue and stared up at him through my eyelashes.

"And be late even though your Dad said be home at a certain time? Whatever would he think?" I asked innocently and Kyle groaned.

"You are the worst," he pouted. I smiled victoriously and leaned in again, kissing him on the lips quickly before sitting back. Kyle chuckled as I stretched then played with the radio, searching for a good song. My leg bounced uncontrollably as I fidgeted with the radio, my body buzzing with so much energy I didn't know what to do with.

"Are you okay over there?" Kyle laughed and I blushed with embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'm just wired... I think it was your blood," I admitted sheepishly. Kyle's brow rose in surprise as he looked over at me.

"You've never had human blood? Well... Remotely human?" He asked gently, tone void of judgment. My heart surged and I couldn't tell weather it was the blood of my mate or his utter acceptance that fueled the burst of confidence in me.

"Nope, only animals. You're my first taste of the good stuff," I winked playfully and Kyle snorted with laughter.

"I'm honored," He said with a bow of his head. Giggling, I leaned over and nuzzled his neck just below his jaw with my nose. Kyle beamed as he intertwined his fingers with mine and pressed a kiss to my head.

As we pulled into the driveway of Kyle's house, I saw a couple of more cars then normal parked in the driveway and an excited gasp made me look over at Kyle.

"What is it?" I asked sitting up straighter and peering around to see if anyone was outside.

"My cousins and aunt and uncles are here!" He exclaimed and parked the car quickly in its place. "Well, some of them," he laughed as he stepped out of the car. I shut the door just as a joyous squeal rang out from the direction of the house and the pattering of swift strides sounded as a girl ran towards us.

"Anna!" Kyle exclaimed, rushing forward to scoop the strawberry blonde teen girl up in his arms. A smile lifted the corners of my mouth as they hugged and laughed happily.

"Where were you?! Do you know how long we've been here waiting for you?" Anna sassed, hands on cocked hips. Kyle sighed heavily and bowed his head in shame.

"It wasn't my fault! Blame Ashlyn," he said glancing back at me with a sly smile and mine vanished as the teen girl's emerald eyes turned on me. I laughed nervously as Kyle's cousin stalked towards me, arms crossed as she stood in front of me. What she said surprised me.

"Hi Ashlyn, I'm Anna!" She grinned, holding a hand out to me. With a soft laugh, I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Anna, I'm sorry for hogging Kyle. He was helping me pack," I apologized and she giggled.