Chapter Twenty-Two: Fighting And Angry Mothers

Ashlyn

I laughed at Kyle's silly story, shaking my head at the exaggeration in his voice. "I doubt the teacher was that mad," I told him as we turned the corner. He shook his head and looked over at me.

"Trust me, he was. He freaking threw a chair Ashlyn, it was amazing," Kyle snickered, squeezing my hand. I smiled and squeezed his hand back, nuzzling his shoulder. He released my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist instead, holding me close to his side. As we walked through the doorway of the art room, someone grabbed the strap of my bag from behind and I stumbled back into the hallway. I would've fallen on my ass if it weren't for Kyle's quick reflects. He grabbed my arm and steadied me, frowning slightly as he looked me over.

"Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded as I turned, eyes narrowing angrily when I was met with agitated emerald eyes and pursed red lips.

"Hey Bitch," Hailey hissed, sizing me up as we faced eachother.

"Hailey," I said lowly, as if her name was a curse word in itself, which was true. Her name felt like venom on my tongue as I glared at her, clenching my fists.

"Ashlyn, no. Leave it," Kyle whispered in my ear, nose brushing against my neck and I had to bite my lip to keep from letting him smooth my resolve. I almost let him till Hailey added on to her verbal assault.

"Wow, you really are a whore. First you flash half the school and now you're acting like some tramp," She scoffed and I tensed, growling angrily.

"You would know, wouldn't you? Bet you've screwed half the guys here, but let me tell you this," I said in a low voice as I stepped forward, not caring everyone passing had stopped to watch and were now holding their breath. "You're not touching mine." I whispered and Hailey's face turned an angry red color.

My head snapped to the side as there was a loud smack and Hailey glared at me. Everyone gasped and I slowly looked at Hailey, that slap not doing much more than angering me. Kyle was growling irritably, but stayed back, knowing I wanted to deal with her. Before I could think my hand was gripping the front of Hailey's green short sleeve shirt and she was against the wall.

"Does that make you mad? Someone telling you no and showing you a line you can't cross?" I hissed in her face, my heart beat hammering in my ears. She gripped my wrist, kicking and shoving at me, trying to loosen my vice like grip.

"Let go!" she yelled and I had to force myself to release her, taking a step back to calm myself. Instead of walking away like a rational person, she lunged at me and I brought my fist up instantly, socking her in the face and she stumbled. She was holding her nose and whined when she looked down at her bloody fingers.

My stomach dropped and my incisors slid out, lengthening into sharp daggers and my eyes hazed over. I darted forward only to slam into a firm chest, clawing at the arms restraining me.

"Ashlyn no, this is too far. You're loosing control of yourself." Kyle whispered into my ear, my breaths coming in ragged gasps as I gripped his sleeves. "Rein it in, you can do it," he encouraged almost silently. My head tilted slightly as I listened to Hailey wail like the little bitch she was and felt nothing but satisfaction.

The metallic smell permeated my nose and I pressed my face into Kyle's chest, whining as I struggled to keep the small sliver of rationality I had left. "I need... To leave," I wheezed, and Kyle was already leading me away, eyes hard as he held me to his side and my hair hung in my face like a curtain, hiding my face from passing students. He ignored the confused looks coming our way as we walked down the front steps outside and towards his car.