Chapter Twenty-One: Evil Mate

Kyle

I glanced over as Ashlyn set her empty cup in the cupholder and smiled as she rested back against her seat, looking much happier and more content now that she wasn't hungry.

I hummed along to the song playing as I turned into the school parking lot, glancing at Ashlyn and frowning as she started unbuckling. "Ashlyn what are you doing, we haven't sto-" My eyes widened as she sat forward and pulled her shirt off. My face turned red in agitation and embarrassment and I quickly hit the brakes to avoid colliding with another car.

Ashlyn just laughed and stood with her knees on the seat, reaching around into the back to grab what I was guessing was her shirt from her bag. She huffed as she dropped back down onto the seat. I stared at her in shock, lifting my head instantly as there was a whistle from outside the car. Everyone standing out front was looking at my car and the guys were laughing and whistling as they eyed my mate's body. I snarled as Ashlyn pulled the shirt over her head then stepped out of the car as she pulled it down over her stomach.

"Ashlyn... Get back in the car" I growled and she glanced over her shoulder at me.

"Mmm nah." she said with a wink as she grabbed her bag from the back then shut the door. I could tell by the glint in her eye that she'd purposely done that.

My mate was evil.

I growled as I jerked the car into a parking space, snatching my bag out of the back then slammed the door angrily. Storming up to the front of the school, I saw Ashlyn talking to Dante, Kieran, and Azar happily.

"He's going to kill you you know" I heard Azar chuckle.

"Oh yes, I'm aware," Ashlyn winked and I wrapped my arm around her waist from behind. She gasped in surprise as I pulled her back against my chest and felt her shudder as I growled lowely in her ear.

"Don't think I'm going to let you get away with that..." I whispered lowly, my voice deepening as my wolf pushed forward possessively.

"She's screwed" Kieran whispered to Azar and Dante and all three laughed. Ashlyn was trembling with laughter but I was angry beyond belief.

"Ooh- guys help, he's really going to kill me!" Ashlyn squealed as I picked her up by the waist and carried her around the corner to the side of the building. Ashlyn was snickering when I set her down but she instantly quieted down when she saw my eyes were glowing.

"You alright Babe?" she asked innocently and I bared my teeth. "Never mind" she said looking down.

"Ashlyn..." I growled. "You can't... You can't do that" I said angrily. Ashlyn narrowed her eyes and lifted her head defiantly.

"And why not?" she asked. I raised an eyebrow questioningly and she smiled sheepishly, realizing that was a bit of a weird question.

"Because I am your mate and no other male is aloud to see your body like that." I said lowly.

"It's my body, don't you think that's my choice?" She questioned and I lifted my lip in agitation.

"Ashlyn- you are my mate, and you are mine to protect. The idea of another male seeing your body or having thoughts about it drive me crazy. I understand that me being possessive like this can upset you but that's just apart of how it is." I said in frustration.

"Sooo, say a girl is all over you. Do I have the right to get possessive and bite her head off?" Ashlyn asked. I nodded, still too frustrated to speak. She sighed and tilted her head.

"I guess what I did was a little agitating sooo I'm sorry" she grumbled.

"I'm sorry Babe, I- I'm just trying to protect you like I'm supposed to but also trying to make sure you're always happy at the same time. But you also need to understand pulling a stunt like that makes my wolf angry" I whispered as my eyes flashed and I stepped forward involuntarily.

Ashlyn's breath caught and she stepped back, her body pressed against the wall as I placed my hand against the worn brick beside her head.

"You need to understand you are mine, and I will kill anyone who dares to prove anything different. Do you understand, Ashlyn Coleman...?" I whispered, leaning in till my breath was brushing against her scarlet cheeks. Ashlyn nodded slowly, her lapis eyes flicking to my lips then back up to my eyes. I knew it was dangerous, to be so intimate in such a public place, but my less reasonable side needed that reassurance.

Ashlyn was the first to make up her mind, grabbing each side of my jacket collar and pulling my body to hers, lips crashing together. As soon as our mouths made contact, all reason was out the window and one hand was placed firmly against the wall beside her head and the other pulling her knee up to my hip. Ashlyn made a small pleasured noise and I about lost my mind right then, her arms sliding around my neck to keep my chest to hers.

"Kyle, Ash- woah, uh..." Kieran said awkwardly looking away. I growled lowly and looked over sharply, eyes blazing as I incased Ashlyn's body against the wall with my own. She giggled quietly and pressed her face into my shoulder, peeking up at Kieran.

"What?" I snapped, eyeing Kieran and staying pressed to Ashlyn.

"I was coming to tell you that we need to get to class," Kieran grinned, pushing his fluffy black hair out of his face.

"Oh no you're right!" Ashlyn gasped, wiggling her way out from between the wall and I, running towards the front doors with her bag over her shoulder. I straightened up as I watched her go, turning to Kieran once I'd calmed down enough to breath evenly.

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to..." Keiran kind of flailed his hands, trying to explain what he'd stumbled upon.

"It's fine, we shouldn't have been making out in the first place..." I laughed awkwardly. "It just... Happened," I muttered.

"I get it, I can imagine you two clashed over Ashlyn flashing about half the school," Kieran snickered and I had to bite my tongue to keep from growling out loud. "Come on, let's not be late" Kieran said nodding towards the corner of the building that led to the front and I followed him quietly. I don't know why, but I was still angry. Angry that all those people had seen my mate like that. Still angry Ashlyn pulled such a stunt. But there was nothing to be done so I forced myself to calm down and let it go.

As the day proceeded, I was beginning to realize just how much Ashlyn affected me(not that I didn't already know that). Everytime she glanced at me, I felt my heart skip a beat and when she smiled, nearly stop. For the first time in what seemed like forever I was able to focus the entire day and pay attention, able to relax knowing Ashlyn was always in my sight. And when we walked through the halls, laughing and smiling, she'd slip her hand into mine like it was second nature.

I was so happy I thought I was going to die.

Ashlyn seemed just as joyful, her hard rough outer shell gone as she giggled and smiled along with me. She was still cautious and wary around others but much warmer towards Kieran, Azar and Dante. And when around people she wasn't as comfortable with, one touch from me could instantly calm and comfort her.

I thought everything was going smooth till art class rolled around and a certain auburn haired female decided to test my mate's limits.

~~~
A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS! One: I got a new phone which means pictures again! *dancing terribly* also: it's getting exciting in my other story "More Than A Reflection" so I hope you stop over there and give it a look. (please please 🙏) that's all for now my paladudes, see you in the next chapter!

Wolf Girl out~!🐺✌️