Chapter Five: Can't Help It

Kyle

I followed Ashlyn to class, unable to help it. While sitting with her in math, I found out she was the source of that scent. She didn't seem to like me, or people in general, but I didn't care. She had my wolf on her heels like a pup, and there wasn't much I could do because I was equally caught up.

"Why are you following me?!" She snapped. I couldn't even get offended, and only shrugged.

"I'm going to my Honors English class with Mrs. Woodhouse," I told her as I kept pace with her easily. I could tell she kept trying to get ahead and ditch me, but my wolf was hooked.

"Seriously?! First, Second, AND Third and Fourth period with you?!" She growled in annoyance. My chest vibrated as I rumbled, my wolf loving watching her get all feisty.

"You're very feisty," I chuckled. Her jaw dropped as she stared at me. I noticed her incisors were abnormally sharp, but I found it cute. It only added to her feisty demeanor.

"Ok, you're weird," she muttered as I followed her into English. I cocked my head, unable to help but watch the sway of her hips as she walked. I shook my head and tore my eyes away, scolding myself for disrespecting her in such a way. I saw her sit at a table group of five desks alone and sat by her quickly, watching as she rolled her eyes. There was one minute till the bell and there was one last surge of students then the bell rang. I laughed when Azar and Kieran sat across from Ashlyn and I then Dante at the head of the group.

"Ok, no," Ashlyn growled then stood. I watched her closely as she scanned the room for an empty seat, noting her look of frustration when she saw all the tables were full. She was stuck with us. She cursed and dropped back into her seat.

"Well, well, well, look who it is! Miss me Sweetheart?" Dante asked Ashlyn slyly. I glared at him, my wolf growling at him for daring to speak to her in such a way. Ashlyn groaned and covered her face with her hands.

"Are you kidding me?!" Ashlyn growled. Dante reached over to touch her and I instinctively grabbed his hand, my eyes blazing as I glared at him.

"Don't." I growled. Everyone at the table looked at me in utter surprise. I released his hand when the teacher began speaking.

"Alrighty guys, I'm Mrs. Woodhouse, you can call me Mrs. Wood, and today after attendance, its a free block to get to know everyone. Oh, and where you're seated now is your permanent seating. In group projects, your seating groups are your group project teams," She said then began attendance. When I looked at Ashlyn, she was practically glowing with frustration.

"I hate my life..." She grumbled. Kieran frowned at her.

"That's not healthy," he told her. I glanced at Azar and saw them giving me a concerned look.

"I'll tell you later," I mouthed to them and they nodded.

"So, what's your name?" Azar asked Ashlyn politely. She glanced at them skeptically.

"Ashlyn Coleman," she replied flatly. I wonder why she's so cold...?

"Nice to meet you. I'm Azar Velda and this is Kieran Alpin and Dante Santos. It's clear you've meet Kyle here," Azar chuckled. She nodded and glared at Dante.

"I've also met doofus here earlier. Quite annoying," she grumbled. Kieran shook his head while Azar chuckled.

"Aw Sweetheart, you don't mean that," Dante purred. My wolf pushed forward and I nearly lept at Dante.

"Don't call her that," I warned. I'd never been hostile towards my friends, but Dante flirting with her like that made me mad. Thing was, Dante was always flirting with girls and dating around, but my wolf refused to let him have this girl.

"Cool it Kyle, I'm just talking with the girl," Dante smirked. Kieran looked at me in confusion while Azar looked between Ashlyn and I, frowning.

"Go talk with another girl," I snapped. Dante arched an eyebrow at me and Ashlyn was glaring at me.

"Excuse me, but you do not get to dictate who I do and do not talk to, so mind your own business!" She snapped. My wolf took this as a challenge and I had to take a deep breath to keep myself from saying something that would get me in trouble.

"I'm just defend-" I started.

"Thanks, but leave that to me! I can take care of myself, thank you very much!" She snapped.

"Ey Kyle, are you two dating...?" Kieran asked. My wolf wanted to say yes but I shook my head.

"Then you really have no claim on her if she's not your girlfriend," Kieran told me, but my wolf didn't give a flying fuck. My wolf wanted her, and he didn't plan on sharing. I bit my lip and sighed.

"Fine, but Ashlyn, will you please change seats with me?" I asked. The way we were sitting, Dante was at the head of the group facing the teacher with sets of two desks facing each other. Ashlyn was sitting closest to Dante, and if she was away from him, then we were good. I didn't have to worry about Kieran and Azar because they were clearly into each other.

"Fine, if it means you'll stop being an overbearing annoying douche bag," She growled standing up and switching with me. My wolf finally settled knowing Ashlyn was separated from Dante.

I sat quietly through the rest of English, watching Ashlyn as she listened to music and drew in her sketchbook. She would periodically glance up and catch me staring then quickly look back down, trying to hide her blush. I didn't understand why I was obsessed with her, but my wolf was persistent in following her.

I definitely needed to talk to Alpha.