Chapter Ten: Bonding

Ashlyn

I was pretty annoyed when I found out that Mr. Foreman had invited us to dinner, and that my parents had said yes. But that was then, and now I was sitting at a beautiful oak dining room table with butterflies in my stomach. I had planned to give Kyle an ear full when we had a moment alone, but as soon as I saw him in the doorway with an excited grin and wearing a maroon shirt that fit him perfectly, my mind went blank and my stomach got a fluttery feeling to it.

"Alright guys, foods almost finished! So sorry about that," I heard a very familiar voice apologize. I looked up and pretty much stopped breathing when I saw the werewolf from the woods. Why was he here?! He looked over at me and our eyes locked for a split second before he held his hand out.

"I'm Zishan, you must be Ashlyn," he smiled as if we were complete strangers. I smiled and held my hand out, shaking his.

"The one and only," I chuckled. He turned to my mother and father and introduced himself.

"It's very nice to meet you, I'm Clair," my mother smiled, shaking his hand.

"And I'm Coen," my father smiled, shaking Zishan's hand. I fidgeted in my seat as Zishan took a seat to the left of Mr. Foreman who sat at the head of the table. Kyle was to his right and I by Kyle. My parents sat on the same side of the table as Zishan.

"So Ashlyn, how are you liking your new school?" Mr. Foreman asked trying to make conversation. I fiddled with my hands in my lap.

"It's ok, the teachers seem nice enough and I like most of my classes," I stated honestly. I made sure to leave out the part about getting harassed and receiving nasty glares from all different girls I didn't even know.

"That's great! And how are you two liking the place?" Mr. Foreman asked my parents. I sighed as they continued making small conversation and I tuned them out. I pulled my phone out and looked at it under the table, scrolling through instagram bordley. I was really into this show called Supernatural and loved watching it, even though it scared me because I was a "thing" Hunters in the show killed. I noticed Kyle looking looking down at my phone, looking quite interested in the Supernatural posts I was looking at.

"Oh, foods finished!" Zishan informed us, causing me to jump. I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket. I smelled the steak and smiled. That was one of my favorites. Even though it couldn't help with hunger, the taste was amazing! The plates and bowls were passed around and I put steak, mashed potatoes, gravy on the potatoes, and green beans on my plate. Everyone finished getting their food and we all started eating.

"Oh my, this is delicious!" My Mom exclaimed. I nodded in agreement, mouth too full to speak.

"Who made this?" My Dad asked in astonishment. Mr. Foreman chuckled.

"We have kitchen staff who make our meals," Mr. Foreman told us. I smiled slightly at how amazing it tasted.

"Sometimes Kyle even helps out in the kitchen. He's quite an amazing cook," Mr. Foreman added. Kyle instantly started coughing, his face slightly red in embarrassment. I snorted as I tried to cover up my laughter, patting his back to help him.

"T-thanks, but I'm really not that good," Kyle smiled nervously. My Mom smiled and waved her hand.

"Don't be embarrassed about such a thing. Ashlyn loves baking. She's made some very delicious treats," she smiled. I dropped my head into my hands.

"Mooom! Don't lie to them! I've burnt cookies on multiple occasions. Cookies!" I yelled. True, I've burnt stuff before, but I've also made very delicious pies, cakes, pretty much anything. But I didn't want Kyle to be embarrassed alone. Kyle smiled, looking interested.

"I'd love to try your baking... on one of your better days," he snickered. I glared at him, punching his arm playfully.

"Oh shut it you!" I snapped back. I noticed everything had gotten quite and realized my parents and Kyle's father as well as Zishan were watching our playful banter with amused looks. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms.

"Didn't your parents tell you it's rude to stare? Or is that just a empty lesson you've been teaching me?" I sassed, smirking as everyone laughed at my statement. 

"Aaaand there she is," my Father laughed. Kyle and I had finished our food as our parents and Zishan continued to talk. Kyle must've noticed my bored expression and turned to his father.

"Dad, can Ashlyn and I go hang out in my room?" He asked. Mr. Foreman looked at my parents.

"I'm fine with that, just keep the door open. It's not because we don't trust you-" my Father began.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. It's because you can get caught up in the moment and things can happen, I've had the sex talk before," I said rolling my eyes and standing up. Kyle had his hand over his mouth as he tried not to laugh.

"Ashlyn Grace Coleman!" My Mother gasped. Kyle stood next to me, snickering quietly. I threw my hands up.

"What?! Oh, right, I forgot the part about protection. Don't worry, I know what a co-" I started.

"Just get out of here already!" Mr. Foreman laughed. Zishan's head was in his hands as his shoulders shook. I snickered and looked at Kyle.

"Come on, let's go," he laughed, walking towards the stairs. I followed and couldn't help but throw one last thing over my shoulder.

"So Kyle, have you ever made out with someone before? If not, I can show you the basics," I said loudly enough to be heard by everyone in the dining room.

"Ashlyn!" My Mother yelled. I laughed and hurried up the stairs, following a dieing Kyle.

~~~
Hey guys, long time no see! Well, that's my fault and I'm sorry. So I have good news and bad. Good news!: We're at over a hundred views! I'm so happy and thankful you guys actually like my crappy writing XD. Thank you so much guys! And now for the bad news. My phone is being stupid and I can't get into my gallery, so no pictures for the chapters. It'll be mainly music now, weather it goes with the chapter, or is random, you never know! The song used in this chapter is just one I like. It's called Come My Way by Plvtinum.
See you next time!

WolfGirl out~! 👋🐺