Chapter Six: Don't Let Them In

Ashlyn

When the bell signaling the end of fourth period and the beginning of lunch rang, I packed up quickly and headed out, hoping to get lucky and ditch the persistent thorn in my side and his friends, but it became clear I wasn't getting anywhere with this issue when I heard the four being rowdy and loud right behind me as they followed me.

I sighed and went to my locker, setting my satchel inside.

"Dude, you coming?" I heard Dante ask Kyle. Please go with, please go with, please go with!

"You go on ahead, we'll catch up with you in a bit," Kyle told them. Dammit! I continued to rummage through my locker after Kieran, Azar, and Dante left, pretending to look for something with the hope Kyle would get bored and leave. But of course the little persistent shit would be a gentleman and wait patiently! I finally gave up on the fake search and grabbed my bag back out, shutting my locker and walking down the hall. And guess who walked right by my side like a little damn puppy?! Kyle!

"Ashlyn? Why do you not like me?" He asked. Ugh, I do like you! But I can't trust myself around you, dammit! Why do you have to be so cute and persistent?!

"I just don't like people. I have no interest in friends," I lied. I did want to have friends, I wanted to laugh and joke with Kieran, Azar, and Dante because honestly, I found them fun to be around! But because I was a damn monster, I couldn't! I couldn't because of a damn monster who ruined my life!

"I see... But why not?" He asked gently. Dammit, I just wanted him to stop making this so hard! I seriously wanted to yell at him to eff off, but his warm eyes and cute, silly grin kept me from it. I couldn't tell him to leave me alone because I didn't want him to, so I'd just have to continue being cold and hopefully he'd give up on whatever keeps him chasing after me.

"I don't know, they're just more drama I don't need in my life." Another lie.

"Sometimes it can be hard, but it's nice to have those kinds of people to turn to, to back you up," he said with a shrug. I didn't know I was crying till a felt something drop on my hand and saw Kyle giving me a concerned look.

"Why are you crying? What's wron- Wait!" He yelled as I bolted, running into the bathroom to hide. I locked myself in a stall and rubbed my eyes as I took deep breaths to calm myself. After a few moments of deep breathing, I left the stall then bent over the sink to splash cool water on my face. When I lifted my head again, there was an auburn haired girl standing behind me with her arms crossed and a brunette girl by her.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked turning around to face her. Her green eyes narrowed as her red lips pursed.

"You're the chick all over my Kyle, huh? I don't get why he's giving you the time of day, you're nothing special," she said in a disgusted tone. Wait wait wait, me all over him?! This chick seriously had to get her facts straight. But hearing her call him hers... Something inside me stirred, making me want to claw her eyes out.

"Thing is, he's the one chasing me around. I got placed next to him in math then he started following me around," I told her, then added one last thing to push her buttons.

"I also found out we have the same schedule, so I have to deal with him all day," I said exasperated, when I was actually kinda happy. I liked Kyle a lot, his goofy, sweet smile, beautiful blue eyes, and, I couldn't help but notice, his strong body. But, I couldn't allow myself to get close. His blood, his scent, was too sweet, to overwhelming. He smelled like pine and the outdoors and a warm fire that made me crave him.

"Pff, as if. You're lying, why would he follow you around? You're ugly, have no body, and look like a vampire!" She laughed, her brunette friend giggling. She says that like I've never been bullied or insulted, and it didn't really bug me.

"The only reason he's hanging out with you is because you're new and interesting. He'll get over you and you'll go back to being nothing," she snarled. Great, I had a freaking Yandere on my ass who thinks I'm going after her Senpai! But, what she said about Kyle... I didn't think it was true from his behavior all day, being possessive and protective while he followed me around, but then again, I was the new student. I didn't know him, and she'd been going to school with him for who knows how long.

"Yeah, ok, sorry Miss. Yandere but I've got to go. Kyle's probably sitting outside the girl's bathroom waiting for me," I sighed, adjusting my satchel and going to walk past them to the door. I whipped my head around and bore my blue gaze into her when she grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me if you want to keep your hand," I snarled. She instantly released me and I could see fear in her eyes as I pushed past and out the door. When I walked out, Kyle was leaning against the wall. His face lit up when he saw me and pushed off the wall, coming over to walk with me.

"Hey, I'm sorry for making you cry..." He whispered, his voice heavy with remorse. The honesty was so apparent it made my heart clench. I wanted to reach out and touch his cheek to reassure him but held back. Stay away...

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault, I'm just getting emotional from my first day, that's all," I said dismissively. That wasn't it at all, but I couldn't allow him to get past skin-deep. I followed Kyle to the lunchroom, staying quiet.

I was going to survive this, he was just a normal teenage boy...

Nope, there was absolutely nothing normal about Kyle.

~~~

Hey guys, it's WolfGirl. I'm sure you've realized at this point, I don't really have a schedule. I work on it when I can or have the chance and post whenever I have a completed chapter. I would reeeeeally appreciate if you'd vote and comment what you think. And maybe share this story...? I want to get this story out there and share it. So that's all I ask, I'm done. I'll see you guys next time,  bye!

WolfGirl out~! 👋🐺