Chapter Twenty-Five: Possessive

Kyle

I grinned as I watched Ashlyn be dragged out of the kitchen by my little cousin and I was so happy that my family liked her so much.

"So, how'd that happen?" Jet asked slinging his arm around my shoulders and my aunt and uncles smiled as they watched.

"How'd what happen?"

"How'd you land yourself such a hot mate?" Jet winked and Blake laughed as I growled. "What, it's a compliment!" he yelled.

"What Jet means is how did you two find eachother?" Gasten amended and Kaltain gave him an appreciative look on her son's behalf.

"Well... She started at Hellgate this year and I met her on the first day of school," I laughed, leaning against the counter and glancing up at Jet as he lifted himself up onto it.

"Aren't you glad I made you go on your first day," Zishan teased as he strode into the kitchen, pulling a shirt on as he did.

"Yeah, I am," I chuckled. Morgan straightened and Zishan bowed his head.

"Did you and the pack bring back the deer?" He questioned.

"Yes Alpha, the rest of the pack is out back skinning it for dinner," Zishan answered. Kaltain smiled excitedly.

"Oh yum, deer!" She exclaimed. "It's been forever since I've had a nice cooked meal," she said looking to her mate pointedly and Blake laughed awkwardly. I grinned and glanced up at Jet who was snickering at his parents.

"What are you laughing about, you're no better!" Kaltain said throwing her hands up.

"I can cook!" Jet gasped. "I just choose not to," he said crossing his arms and I laughed aloud. The front door opened and closed and Gasten lit up as my uncle Phillip walked into the kitchen with bags in his hands. He smiled widely when his forest green eyes landed on me.

"Kyle!" He said setting the bags on the island and embracing me tightly.

"Where'd you go?" I laughed as he stepped back.

"I went to the store to grab a few things for dinner," he chuckled then smiled even wider when Gasten wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him back to nuzzle his shoulder.

"It would have been nice of you to tell me before you left," Gasten sighed and Phillip chuckled.

"Well sorry, you were catching up with your brothers. I didn't want to interrupt," Phillip said kissing Gasten on the cheek and I smiled. Seeing my aunts and uncles and how close they were always made me happy. It was so nice seeing them with their other halves that when I was little I couldn't wait to find mine.

A goofy smile spread across my face as I thought about Ashlyn, about my other half.

"What are you smiling at?" Blake chuckled and Phillip and Gasten's attention returned to me. I blushed and quickly waved my hand.

"N-nothing," I stammered. Goddammit.

"I bet he's thinking about Ashlyn." Zishan sighed her name for effect and my face burned as I looked away in embarrassment.

"Who is Ashlyn?" Phillip asked mischievously, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"His maaate," Kaltain cooed, placing the back of her hand to her forehead as she pretended to swoon then fell into Blake's arms. Oh my god...

"Mate?! When did this happen!" Phillip gasped. "Where- I want to meet her," he said impatiently and I laughed as I pushed off the counter.

"Anna stole her to help look for you to introduce her," Morgan chuckled and Phillip huffed.