Repercussions

"Maybe you shouldn't have done that," a girl from Slytherin whispers to Percy as the class makes their way down the hall. Most everyone is still in class and they don't really want to get in trouble for what they did just yet.

He shrugs, not able to answer her. Perhaps he was a little rash, but it's his first day out of bed and having her class right away didn't exactly put him in a good mood. Percy's nothing if not impulsive. Ron is at the demigod's elbow, dutifully following him wherever he may decide to go and Hermione hangs back with Harry to walk a few steps behind them. 

"You didn't have to come with us," Ron hisses over at her. The girl looks away sheepishly, but makes no move to object.

Percy shakes his head at the ginger, a smile playing on his lips. Hermione comes up to walk beside them, "We're going to get in trouble."

The black haired teen nods his head and Ron rolls his eyes. "Duh, Hermione."

"I think it was worth it thought," Harry says as he joins them. "Umbridge is cruel and someone had to something about it. Percy was brave."

Hermione folds her arms. "I don't think he was trying to be brave," Percy smirks. "He just did the first thing he felt like doing. Personally I'm surprised he didn't turn her into a toad or something."

Percy's eyes glint somewhat evilly in the hallway candle light. His smile seems to stretch from ear to ear and suddenly, startling everyone, he turns on his heel, heading back towards Umbridge's classroom.

Hermione's eyes widen and she races after. "No. No. No. NO. " She pulls her voice back down to a harsh whisper. "Percy, I wasn't saying you should turn her into a toad!" When he cocks his head to the side as if to say, why not, she goes on. "You'll get us all expelled and in trouble with the ministry."

"Ah come on, 'Mione. Let him do it. It's worth." Ron complains. Many other student, both Gryffindor and Slytherin, echo their consent. Percy keeps walking, slipping the wand he's barely used from his back pocket and trying to figure out how he can cast a spell without saying anything.

He burst through the door back into the classroom. Umbridge turns glaring at him from where she still remains by the podium and chalkboard that hasn't been erased. "Come back to grovel and beg forgiveness. Well I won't have it. All of you -"

She stops mid-sentance as she takes in the smile on the students' faces as they crowd behind a poker faced Percy. Something is definitely not right. Percy swiftly brings his wand up and with a careless flick of his wrist, a bright blue light shoots from the end of it hitting the pink clad woman right in the chest. 

Umbridge stumbles back and then suddenly she isn't there anymore. A cloud of smoke drifts lazily up from a lump on the floor where she had been standing. The students rush forward and crowd around it. Laughter brakes out and several shout things back to Percy like 'way to go' and 'that is awesome'.

There sitting in the middle of the is in fact a bright pink toad.

- O - O - O - O - O -

Dumbledore blinks in surprise as the fat, toad-like creature is plopped down in front of him. He looks up at the black haired teen currently holding the cloth that once contained the pink ball-of-yuck. Behind him, waiting expectantly, is a handful of both Gryffindor and Slytherin. If the headmaster remembers correctly they are the DADA class. So the toad must be.....

The old man's eyes widen as he stares down at what is without a doubt Professor Umbridge. Then he looks up at the mute demigod before him and a tiny grin tugs at his lips. "I take it you did not find our new professor adequate?"

Percy smirks and shakes his head slowly.

"You do know that this will cause some...ah complications so to speak." Dumbledore says with a sigh.

A nod and a shrug.

The other students are waiting in suspense. It seems their headmaster is undecided what to do, punish the students and turn Umbridge back will lead only to further punishment or award the most points to each house that Hogwarts has ever seen, then through a ball.

Percy leans forward, picking up the quill and scratching out something on a piece of parchment from Dumbledore's desk. The white bearded man grabs the paper. 

You can turn her back if you really want to. I willing take responsibility for my actions. The others had nothing to do with it.

Dumbledore sighs once again and eyes the son of Poseidon. Though he doesn't want to, he knows that's just what he'll have to do or else the school would see more serious repercussions as a whole.

- O - O - O - O - O - 

Harry has to admit that he's worried for Percy. The guy is taking full responsibility for everything that happened in DADA. The other students were only given detentions to serve with Snape which is admittedly better than with Umbridge.

Tomorrow Percy is going to the ministry of magic in order to deal with his actions. It's a scary thing for Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They are worrying relentlessly about their new friend and this whole ordeal has turned into a really large problem, one the whole school knows about and that even Percy's mom is coming out for.

------------------------------------

A/N I'm so sorry it's so short, but I wanted to get a chapter update and there wasn't a lot more I wanted to put in this chapter.  Anyway please comment, vote, and follow.