The Beginning of the End

Voldemort is cunning. He wasn't placed in Slytherin for his desagreeable personality, but because of his ability to decieve and his craftiness.

However even he has to admit that persuing the Jackson boy might just be an impossible feat. The school has unwitteningly given him twenty-four seven attention and the Ministry is keeping more careful watch over him than they do with even Harry Potter.

So his plan shifts back towards what it was orginally. He will still get his revenge, but he will do it as he takes the castle. He might just move in a bit sooner than he originally was planning.

----------

Percy half sits, half lays across a couch in his new common room. He's dressed as he normally is, which is to say, nowhere near code. He didn't even recieve a tie this time and his cloak is almost always in his room. The top button of his shirt is left undone and his hair (though cut extremely short because of his mom's appearance) sticks straight up.

A group of Hufflepuff sit near, either on the floor or a chair arm. They chat quietly because Percy is asleep. It's almost common knowlledge now that his nights are restless (thought no one says it out loud) and whenever he does sleep everyone just generally lets him go, even the Pink Toad, who is known to be considering quitting now.

Ron is among the group, having walked in with Percy earlier and not a sinlge person dared to say anything. He leans back against the couch trying and failing to start his paper on potions for Snape. Oh how he wishes that Hermione would just give in already and write it for him.

Suddenly Percy gives a silent cry and jerks awake into a sitting position. There's a thin layer of sweat clinging to him that they swore hadn't been there before. Every eye is on him waiting-well not for him to speak- but to do something.

"You okay?" Ron asks hesitantly. He's gotten used to Harry's nightmares and more recently the Hufflepuff's as well. However he knows that attempting to push an answer out of them will only increase said wizard's anxiety more.

Percy shakes his head and stands. He runs a hand through his hair and breathes in a large lungful of air. He glances around at all of them, watching him carefully and expectantly. He wants to be able to speak, the urge overtaking him, overriding all other desires like never before. It kills him that he can't, that his voice which has always been a large part of him is forever gone. An aching sort of pain starts in his chest and slowly consumes him. How do you lead people (who really don't give you a choice in the matter) when you can't do something so simple. Suddenly his face crumples and he turns away.

Never has he lost his composure so completely.

He pulls out his wand and begins writing in the air using that sloppy golden script now associated with him.

'Voldemort is coming.' Eyes widen and he can see a ripple of panic spread through them. 'He plans on attacking the castle. I think he always has. We have to prepare.' Each sentence appears as the other ones fade. It's a short, but devastating message. However the calm that has reclaimed Percy by the end of it leads them into action. A couple students rush out to find the headmaster and professors, one to hunt down the rest of the Golden Trio by some unspoken need to have them hear, and the rest begin to move the couches back and pull the tables to the center of the room at Percy's indication.

It's a wonder they know what he needs done. He does nothing more than wave his hands around or flick his eyes in one direction or another after that, yet they know. They know because to the Hufflepuffs Percy Jackson has never had an audible voice. They've had to find different ways to listen to him, different ways to understand his sarcastic remarks and though this is a different situation, it doesn't change the fact that since he's been sorted they've really come to know and comprehend him.

Dumbledore, Mcgonagall, and Sally arrive first. They quickly move over to where Percy is scribbling down a detailed description of his dream, along with some notes on a course of action consisting mostly of defense and hair-brained attack schemes. It's amazing how well he's improved his ability to write recently. He has very few spelling errors and though his writing is far from easy to make out, it's manageable. His dyslexia no longer jumbles the words and letters quite as often, though he usually gets a severe headache from writing or reading to much.

Their faces pale as they read what he's written, having gotten no prior warning from the students who fetched them.

"He's coming..." Sally whispers incredulously. She stares in horror at the words and then at her son. Then her eyes trail to his lips, which are pinched in a tight line as is now customary whenever he has something he wants to say nowadays. Oh what she wouldn't do to get her hands on the woman and man who harmed her son, who left all those scars on his arms and torso, who stole away his amazing voice. No, she doesn't want the fight to come home to them, but if does, which it appears it will, she will be ready.

And Voldemort had better be ready for there is nothing like the fire of a mother's fury.

Dumbledore only strokes his beard thoughtfully. "So he finally makes his move."

Percy glares at him, his obvious disdain for Dumbledore's apparent hidden foresight obvious.

The headmaster catches his eye and smiles slightly. "I thought attacking the castle might be his end goal. After all this is where Tom became Voldemort."

Percy only sighs, shakes his head and turns away, back to the papers scatter before him. One of them is a map. An old and worn map that he pulled out when no one was looking. There are hidden passages and footprints bearing names clustered throughout it. Where and how he got this legendary map is a mystery, but he has it now and intends to use it to his advantage.

The common room door bangs open and Hermione and Harry storm in, followed closely by the Hufflepuff who found them. They don't know what's going on until they see Percy's face and catch Voldemort scratched multiple times amongst the papers. Their heartbeats speed up. Hermione sucks in a big breath and Harry's fist clench.

One way or another the end of this terrible war is coming and it's coming soon.

----------

A/N So sorry, it's been so long. I'm going to college this fall guys and there's a lot more to it than I thought there'd be. Also I still have to get my license, a car, and a job so...year's very busy. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the much anticipated update and I hope I can some more up soon. I plan to wrap up the story soon if you can't tell, because as we've seen before, all good things must come to an end. I'm so tempted to make it a tragedy, but don't worry I'm not that cruel ............. probably.