Meeting Dumbledore

The news seems to confirm what Snape has already guessed, Percy is part wizard. A person is part god, part wizard has never been heard of before and truthfully it scares the old professor. From what he can the boy is very powerful. 

It is been an hour since his discussion with Jackson. An hour since he gave him a wand he took from a nameless wizard years ago and then led him to the dormitories. He placed him in the room with Malfoy and his friends since it always has an empty spot. Percy didn't look all that happy about it, but restrained himself to only one snarky remark towards the albino brat. 

Now he sits in his office. He should go immediately to tell Dumbledore, but that will involve a lot of explaining if the elder has not already discovered the Greek world. In fact Snape himself doesn't know a lot, only the basics that his old friend let slip a couple times. So instead he postpones the inevitable and mulls over his thoughts in the dark confines of his office. Percy is an interesting case and the safest rout would be to send him right back home, but the temptation of Percy swaying the war more so in their favor is pulling at him mercilessly. The implications. The possibilities.

A small grin tugs at the corner of Snape's mouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the late hour and curfew being long past, three students huddle together in the Gryffindor common room. Harry perches on the edge of the couch, Ron slouches back in the chair and Hermione sits cross-legged on the floor in front of them. It has been a very exciting day with the new student. They can't help but feel a little apprehensive. He's hasn't brought out his wand all day and rumors float around about him excelling at Quidditch. Hermione notes his strange behavior in Defense Against the Dark Arts and how he and Snape seem to be hiding something. Harry is bitter when he recalls how Percy Jackson had sat right beside Draco at lunch and dinner. If he is friends with Malfoy he really can't be any good.

"Where do you think he's from?" Ron asks.

"Nobody knows," Hermione replies. "I just think it's wierd that in all it's years Hogwarts has never had a new student start partway through the year and not only that, but there wasn't even an announcement."

"He was just there." Harry mentions. "Just appeared out of nowhere, no questions asked."

As the group feriously whispers they fail to notice a pair of identical red heads listening from stairway. Fred and George share a look, debating whether or not they should tell their youngest brother and his friends that they are in fact the cause of Percy's magical appearance, that it is all the result of their discovery of Muggle internet and social sites. They only wanted to make some Muggles look silly. They never expected that someone would be able to use the portkey.

With a slight shake of their heads, they move back to their room. It's best if they just cut all ties with the new student and let Fate have its way. No need to get in further trouble for the mysterious water weidling student. No need at all to inform anyone that they brought this brought this possible danger into the safe haven for wizard children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy wakes, blinking the sleep out of his eyes. The large circular room he is in is already emptities of its other inhabitant, with he is thankful for. He doesn't know how he will manage to keep from driving Riptide into Malfoy's stomach the next time he gives that stuck up smirk. He's so full of himself and the worst part is that so many people in Slytherin seem to listen to him. 

Percy sits up and looks around. The sunlight streams through the windows yet a cool solitude hangs in the air. On his nightstand is note. He flicks it open to see it is from the rumored headmaster and that he is requesting Percy visit him first thing in the morning. His eyes flick back to the window. The Saturday sun is already halfway across the sky and morning is nearly over. Oops.

He hops out of bed and quickly throws on close. However his haste is somewhat delayed when it takes him nearly twenty minutes to find his left shoe and to give up trying to put on his tie. He sets out with his robe thrown over one arm, his shirt unbuttoned at the very top and his sleeves rolled up almost to his elbows. His black hair, as always sticks up every which way, refusing to be tamed. (Not that he tries anymore)

The note is thankfully full of very specific instruction and he quickly finds himself in front of a stone gargoyle. Snape told him all house dorms have a password that changes frequently. He guesses that headmaster takes the same precautions with his own office and that the irrelevant comment at the bottom of the note is secrets words. If dating Annabeth has taught him anything, it's how to take a hint.

"Jelly slug," he says confidently.

The stone statue rotates, revealing stairs leading up. When Percy steps onto them, they spin back. He smirks. They may not have technology but they still managed to make something similar to an escalator. The fact that mankind wants to pick up their feet as little as possible to go from one point to another never changes.

When the stairs finally stop moving Percy steps up to a little area, not quite a hallway, not quite a room. Across from is a large oversized wooden door, if fact it's the only door. He steps up after a moment and knocks 

A man's kind voice replies from the other side. "Come in."

The doors swing open.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumbledore is seated behind his desk, his hands folded lightly on the surface in front of him. He watches patiently over his half moon glasses as the teen steps through the doorway, into the office. He is tall and lean with exceptionally dark black hair and startling green eyes that have an uncanny resemblance to the sea. They cast around the room, skimming every surface with invisible fingers before finally coming to rest on the older man. He hasn't bothered to wear his tie or robe and his shirt isn't buttoned all the way to his collar. Even with his shoulders slouching and the tentative smile he commands a quiet but authoritative air. Dumbledore can practically see the power rolling off him in waves. 

He smiles and motions for Percy to sit across from him. The boy perches on the edge of the chair and looks the headmaster straight in the eye. He is calm and layed back looking, but at the same time there is seriousness tucked behind his irises.  

He definitely has a good feeling about this boy. Dumbledore leans forward and says, "Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Perceus Jackson. It seems we have quite a bit to discuss."

The response is automatic and for those who know him, very much expected. "Percy. Please just call me Percy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay! An update. Sorry for the long wait you guys. I really hoped you enjoyed and I'm sorry I didn't make it longer.

Anyway you know the drill: Vote. Comment. Follow 

~Halie <3